SuperGun on a PCB - Just showing it off

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
I just wanted to show off the latest oddball project. My SuperGun on a PCB. I foresee an interesting future for this when I get the next version under my belt, but this first version was to test the feasbility and challenges with it.

Before the swarm of comments comes in of "Someone else already makes something like this!".... I know. But I wanted to give it a go and see if I could make one better. Ok, not better... but different enough that it was better for the masses. Something universal and accessible. Something you could use everyday and people would be like... Damn, that's sweet.

I wont get that with a PCB only. Check. This is just the first step to something larger. Something bigger. Something amazing... I hope.

Check it out:

2013-06-09-01.07.34-700x466.jpg

Full writeup and more pictures:

http://www.thesupergun.com/tools/supergun-pcb/attachment/2013-06-09-01-07-34/

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
The other PCB is the Joystick ports. I am using a 16pin ribbon cable to connect the "main" board to the "controller boards" so no soldering needs to get done and I have flexibility to make my cases larger separating the Controllers from the main board.

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
LMAO

I have just made some PCB's like this myself, I have a slightly different design though.

Good luck with your sales :enemy: :p

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
LMAO

I have just made some PCB's like this myself, I have a slightly different design though.

Good luck with your sales :enemy: :p

I angrily wave my fist in the air at you! But your across the pond... different audiences :)

This is rev one. I wanted to test my ability to design and actually execute a working PCB. Next step is to fully integrate RBG encoding to NTSC S-Video and Composite. I am going to intentionally leave the Component off as most of the encoders are actually crummy when it comes to compatibility... so why invest in it? Every TV I have bought in the last 3 years has had S-Video and Composite (except the one really cheap LCD TV that didnt have S-Video).

Who said anything about sales? I mean sure, eventually when i find a way to mass produce these... but man I have a real job! Ain't nobody got time for that!

Last edited:

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Yeah, I was only playing dude :D

I can tell you one thing, they make that PCB software complicated, looks like you did a good job figuring it out dude, I had to get some help LOL

About 40,000 cigarettes later, I'm about done for manufacturing, nothing spectacular, just an idea I've had for a while like yourself.

Have fun dude.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm making one of these, too. Mine is primarily for my fully built superguns to speed up the build process.

Jasen Hicks

Hardened Shock Trooper
Xian,

Checks... mine too. Ultimately I want to get to a drop in and go system. That would be ideal.... that with custom molded plastic (I shudder thinking that since I build all metal enclosures) or a sweet little metal case. Either-way. The only issue I am going to have is the fracking power-supply. I dont want to crap up a beautiful PCB with a bunch of power related crap on it... and I really hate external power supplies. So 90's :)

Sourcing parts and wires and such is a pain. My end state goal is a simple DIY kit... like building legos.... except with sweet arcade game guts :)