Windjammers black cart?

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
I just bought a windjammers, original label and the boards are 100% match with MVS Scans.

I googled it because i've never seen a black cart for this game before (the ones i find have repduction labels).

Any info on this?

Thanks in advance.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Not too surprising; there are also some black shell Samurai Shodown carts out there (and others more commonly seen in clear). Someone else had a black SS cart in another thread a while back.

Last edited:

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Usually, from Mexico.

Mexico seems to makes things any way you want them. :lolz:

Seen a black View Point cart before.

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Ok then, i guess i will keep it. Thanks for the feedback.

psychobear85

B. Jenet's Firstmate
By any chance is it an original label?
If its a replacemet label somebody might of replaced a broken shell?

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
The SS and VP carts that I've seen had original labels on them.

The SS cart came with SPANISH move strips.

And the VP cart came with ENGLISH move strips.

psychobear85

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Only reason I ask was cause I got a Bust-A-Move in a bubble gum shell with a replacement label before, I contacted the seller and asked him what was up with that. His response was cause the BAM shell broke and had a dead KOF with a pink shell. It had legit boards

Last edited:

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
Here's mine. Legit Label, legit shell and legit boards, but it didn't come like this.

windjammers.JPG

I carefully heated up the label, slowly pulled it off the clear shell and put it on a black one. Did the same with Puzzle Bobble 2, Captain Tomaday, Metal Slug 3, Rage of the Dragons and KOF 98. Can't stand having coloured or even clear carts on my shelf.

If anyone else wants to try this: You'd have to be extremely careful and take it slow. Even then you may not be able to pull off the label without damaging it. If there's the slightest sign that the label won't come in the tiniest spots, then stop right there and put it back on.

psychobear85

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Here's mine. Legit Label, legit shell and legit boards, but it didn't come like this.

windjammers.JPG

I carefully heated up the label, slowly pulled it off the clear shell and put it on a black one. Did the same with Puzzle Bobble 2, Captain Tomaday, Metal Slug 3, Rage of the Dragons and KOF 98. Can't stand having coloured or even clear carts on my shelf.

If anyone else wants to try this: You'd have to be extremely careful and take it slow. Even then you may not be able to pull off the label without damaging it. If there's the slightest sign that the label won't come in the tiniest spots, then stop right there and put it back on.

I have thought about doing this, my KOF 2000 has a ugly shell

_rm_

Bead Banger
10 Year Member
Mine has a original label.
This game was found at a local operator here in Portugal, i seriously doubt that an operator would give himself that much trouble to change a shell and still keep the original label in perfect condition.

Anyway, this is meant to be played, and i tested it yesterday and plays perfect and the boards are 100% original so i will keep it.

Once again thank you all for the interesting comments you posted.

PS- it is really interesting all the "strange" things we come across in the MVS (Arcade in general) collecting hobby,lol.

Last edited: