Cartridge blinks like old NES carts whenever I try to play

Sometimes when I place my Neo cartridges in, and power them up...the screen blinks on & off like those old NES cartridges. And sometimes when the blinking is not happening, I will have the game showing, but no sound will be present.

I don't want to blow inside the Neo cart, nor do I want to fiddle it left & right inside the console.

What can be done about this? I just received my newly purchased copy of Samurai Spirits 3 from Supersellers today, and it acted up with that blinking crap! I know they didn't sell me a bogus product because they have a good reputation too. The item was in mint condition too. This blinking crap frustrates me so much. Any solutions?

Thanks for reading.

Dreamh2o

Sub-human sack of shit.
Needs cleaning, a can of compressed air, and a cartridge cleaning kit with the plastic insert thing is what you need.

Billkwando

OG OG,
20 Year Member
I have a little faq about it at my site, just click on the System section to find it. It also instructs you not to blow in carts. =)
http://www.undertheneogeomoon.com

Thanks,
Billkwando
utngmlink.gif
http://www.undertheneogeomoon.com

Billkwando,

I just read your website's info. For the eraser head..are you talking about those standard pink eraser heads that can pop off pencils? Wouldn't that make the cartridge heads dusty or filmy?

I don't mean to sound obnoxious at all, but I just can't see how this would "clean" the heads. What about cart cleaners?

Mike

lump505

Kabuki Klasher
I have this white eraser that I use and you would be suprised at how much crap comes off the contacts. The entire eraser was black. I dont know how the contacts get so dirty but they do.

The eraser thing does work.

JRock917

, ,
Although the neo is obviously a little more complicated than most cart systems out there, it cleans about the same. Also, you might want to think, if you have not already, about what can be done to keep yours in a relatively dust free environment, if that is possible.

The pink erasers seem more abrasive compared to the white ones. Is it better to use those pentel white erasers for cleaning?

Mike