NGDEV team dreamcast reprints! Gunlord, Fast Striker and Pink Bullets.

Jonmkl

Rasputin's Rose Gardener
Received this email from NGDEV today:

Dear customers,

we now have reprints of Gunlord DC, Fast Striker DC and Last Hope Pink Bullets DC in stock.

Shipping starts tomorrow.

Due to popular demand the Dreamcast newcomer bundle consisting of all 3 games returns too.

You can find the DC games here:

http://www.ngdevdirect.com/index.php?cPath=21_23

Newcomer bundle (saving circa 10 EUR):

http://www.ngdevdirect.com/product_info.php?cPath=21_23&products_id=49

Best regards,
NG : DEV . TEAM

Looks like NGDEV is really switching into high gear now that the AES games have started shipping. And they haven't even announced their other 2013 game release for september yet.

Last edited:

Punisher5.0

Cheng's Errand Boy
I was expecting to see an update on the Gunlord shells. Its been over two weeks and May is coming to an end here.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I've been thinking about picking up those games for a while now. I just may jump at that bundle deal. Beats the hell out of eBay.

Last edited:

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Can we make this thread sticky? For everyone complaining about NG: DEVs pricing? Pretty please?

Last edited:

Fandangos

Hardened Shock Trooper
Ordered the newcomer bundle.

I won't have the money for the MVS versions soon so I'll stick with DC =)

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Hmmm...

Now, a part of me wants nothing to do with disgusting ports when I have real Neo systems. But the more practical side knows I will never get my hands on the real Neo games, and will probably only be able to play them on the DC, and I'm sure the DC ports are probably excellent.

What to do...

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Just ordered Gunlord! Been playing a burned copy while I waited for the game to come back into stock. It'll be nice to have the real thing, finally.

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Just ordered Gunlord! Been playing a burned copy while I waited for the game to come back into stock. It'll be nice to have the real thing, finally.

Replacing a burned cd-r copy of the game with an authentic cd-r of the game. :D Classic!

Fakk2

Crossed Swords 2 Bootleg Artist.,
Aren't NGDev's games pressed CDs?

Well they aren't GD Roms. :D Whether they are pressed CDs or not is beside the point IMO. If they were real GD Roms then I would consider the DC releases authentic releases. Until then they are just cd-rs to me. But hey your purchase supports NG Dev Team, and that's a good thing.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
They are not 'Authentic' DC releases even if they were on GD-ROMs.

They are homebrew games, unlicensed from Sega and factory pressed on a CD-ROM, like every other homebrew game out there.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Replacing a burned cd-r copy of the game with an authentic cd-r of the game. :D Classic!

Who cares? I like the game and want a legitimate copy. And I'm pretty sure that they're pressed CDs.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
I hope these are still around by the time I move, because I'm totally going to buy this in about a month.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
So... it looks like Gunlord DC reprint is sold out.

Anyways, just wanted to mention that the good thing about the dreamcast games being cd instead of gd roms is that you can just pop in your gunlord cd in your car stereo and listen to the soundtrack while driving! I just recently listened through it on a road trip and it was nice :)

Try to do that with any old official gdrom and the only thing you get is warning about playin dreamcast disc in different languages.

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
Certain official DC games were pressed CD based titles anyway...

Hey guys. Is GunLord for dreamcast always sold out? How do they make money if they don't have product? I'd like to buy the jewel case. How come none are on Ebay?

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
Hey guys. Is GunLord for dreamcast always sold out? How do they make money if they don't have product? I'd like to buy the jewel case. How come none are on Ebay?

They only release the games in limited release. They are mostly going after the collector market. They make money by charging 400 euros a cart and printing a few hundred every run. Also, it is currently available on their site in DC format, go buy it.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Triple pack is also sold out for now.

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
They only release the games in limited release. They are mostly going after the collector market. They make money by charging 400 euros a cart and printing a few hundred every run. Also, it is currently available on their site in DC format, go buy it.

The guy asked for the DC version in the first place. And Gunlord is not available in the store anymore.

Hellfromabove

Dodgeball Yakuza
The guy asked for the DC version in the first place. And Gunlord is not available in the store anymore.

Ah I see, I was confused because it let me add it to the cart, but I didn't see the dark red text regarding the game being OOS.

Reason I brought up the carts was because he stated, "How do they make money if they don't have product?" Wasn't sure if he was aware of how their business ran or not.