Playing Fatal Fury 2

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Sequel to my earlier thread, Playing Fatal Fury 1.

I first started this game with Terry, decent character, though I quickly noticed he felt rather... Dumbed down for the sequel. His moves don't quite pack the same punch they did last time. I fought a couple of opponents with him, kept losing. I tried out some other characters, didn't find anything that suited me... Until I tried Andy. Oh wow, he's amazing in this game! Excellent moveset and has plenty of power.

So far I've got only 3 of the starter characters left to fight. I stopped on Big Bear because it's late. Thank NeoTurfMasta for that memory card of his! Without it, I'd never be able to beat this game on AES. I can go to bed and resume the game later!

I must say though, Jubei is unusually hard to beat! Man I hate his grappling and how he likes to hide behind the backdrops. I nice heaping of ass kicking from Andy sorted him out though. Big Bear is something else though. I'll try fighting him for real next time I play.

At first I didn't like Fatal Fury 2 very much, it didn't have that same single player feel that FF1 had. But I think I'm warming up to it. I look forward to fighting the boss characters once I finish up with the starters.

ChrisB

Another Striker
I too find myself going back to FF2, I really like that game but your right FF special beats it. Nothing beats old school fighters

NeoGeoNinja

Athena's Wardrobe Manager
I still enjoy both, probably because I played FF2 long before I ever got around to Special.

Special obviously plays better and has a bigger roster, however, I miss some of the presentational touches from FF2 - from the intro right down to the boss intermissions. I also preferred the secondary colour palettes from FF2 more too.

I have a nostalgic attachment to FF2 guess, which is why I probably enjoy it as much as FFS - even though it is inferior overall...

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Even though special is better, I much prefer 2, as its the game that got me into the neo geo, plus special doesnt have the cool intro music before fighting Krauser.
this is the only neo game I have completed it on level 8 with all players with no continues, Terry and Bear are my fav.

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
I like Fatal Fury 2 just as much as Special but why they took out the bonus stages from Fatal Fury Special I don't know.

There was also some decent soundtrack's to be had... namely Kim's stage and Axel Hawk.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I didn't know people still played the other Fatal Fury games when Special exists. It's like saying you want to play Bang Bead over Windjammers. Or Top Players Golf over Neo Turf Masters.

Last edited:

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
The first Neo Geo title I ever saw in person when I was a kid was Fatal Fury 2 at a music/urban wear shop where I grew up. I remember Mai's stage the most because of that awesome sound track that's on it. When I got into playing and collecting for the Neo Geo about 10 years ago that was the first game that came to mind that I would have to own. In the past year I got back into the Neo and started purchasing Japanese Aes titles and got myself Garou Densetsu Special. It's the best. I really like how much smoother the game play is over Fatal Fury 2. I find myself running Fatal Fury 2 in demo mode all the time just to watch it and enjoy it that way and when I want to challenge one of my buddy's I throw on garou densetsu special.

Danthor

NAM-75 Vet
I didn't know people still played the other Fatal Fury games when Special exists. It's like saying you want to play Bang Bead over Windjammers. Or Top Players Golf over Neo Turf Masters.

Fatal Fury Real Bout is still among my most played Neo titles, and 2nd favourite in the series, next to FF Special.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Fatal Fury Real Bout is still among my most played Neo titles, and 2nd favourite in the series, next to FF Special.

To keep with the Special trend Real Bout Special beats out the first any day in my book

mord

n00b
ive only started playing this and lol I suk at it,big bear hits like a freight train, I think I like ffs more though

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The cinematics in FF and FF2 are the only thing I find lacking in FFS.