Enter Your Name Question for SSV Special

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
I've been playing Samurai Shodown V Special tonight, and ended up beating the game. I killed the end boss and they ranted about how destruction gave them rebirth, blah blah blah... then game over. No enter your name... nothing.

I know there is an option to have a high score as the demo mode shows initials with high scores. I just find it odd that after being it I didn't get diddly squat.

Does it ever ask for your initials, and if so how well do you have to play the dang thing for it to get that option? Or was it a matter of difficulty level?

Thanks.

daytonausa

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
10 Year Member
I honestly don't remember the score. Not terribly sure I even noticed it. However, I did see that all the high scores seemed to have "no continues used" and I used a couple continues, so maybe that's why I didn't get the prompt despite beating the game...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Maybe SSVS uses the 1CC type scoring, no continues.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
What was the "end boss" that you killed? I'm asking because there are actually four end bosses, and to get to the next one you'd have to perform either the issen or the zetsumei ougi on the previous one.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
OK. SSVS has a strict win condition. You must be able to perform the fatalities without flaw. That's easy enough. You don't need a full RAGE meter to do your fatality. Simply burst when your opponents gauge is in the blue and you can do the qcb-CD.

Now, to beat the game, enter your name for your time, and etc, you must perform a fatality on all bosses. You don't have to perform any before them, but you better practice your motions and have it down. You'll fight Amakusa, Zankuro, Gaoh, and Mizuki. I believe in that order, but I can't remember. All of the bosses are a push over to do a fatality on except Gaoh. He's the only one who will block it so you'll need to combo in and get him when his guard is down. If you miss the fatality on Gaoh, you can't do it again. Just die and continue if you want to see Mizuki and actually beat the game. I've done it with a 1cc and it's definitely not hard once you get the game down. I actually find this the easiest of all the Shodown games.

That's it. No other trick to winning you just have to beat each boss with a fatality. Miss it on any of them, and kill them with anything but a fatality and you'll get the Game Over screen.

Last edited: