Custom Sticks... For your consideration....

Unstupid

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I'm just looking to gauge interest on some possible custom Neo/PC/PS3 sticks. I have built a couple of prototypes to test fit, finish, playability etc... I wanted to build a stick with the best parts and hardware available. So here is what I came up with:

pgs1.jpg

It may look like others ;), but remember, better inside and out; that's 3/4" melamine coated plywood with 3/8" dowel joints, and secured with 1/16" thick steel brackets (it will outlive you). Your choice of American or Japanese sticks and buttons, Real IL components (not cheap Happ Chinese crap) for the american style, and Sanwa JLF, OBSN Buttons for the japanese parts. I'll also look at adding Semitsu LS40 Sticks and buttons as well.

pgs2.jpg

The artwork is coated with a 5 mil thick overlay so no need for plexi cover. These sticks are mine and obviously anything I sell (If I decide to sell em) won't say NeoGeo, MVS and SNK since those are trademarked. This is the Japanese stick with a JLF that needs to be bolted through the top (the American sticks can be under mounted). On top of that stick is a 35mm black anodized ball top (my personal fave) but you would be able to specify what you want on top.

pgs3.jpg

Side view of the stick. You can see the front is canted back under the stick to give it a less boxy look. The stick has a 6 degree slope from back to front. The whole stick is 2 1/2" thick at the front and 3 3/4" thick at the back of the stick. I'm also thinking of offering a thinner version of the stick that will be 1 1/2" thick at the front and 2 3/4" at the back, but the thinner stick would mean that american parts would not be an option and you would have to use japanese sticks and buttons.

pgs5.jpg

DB15 port for use with your AES/CMVS. Ofcourse I'd include the cable to plug it into your AES. Also pictured is the USB port that would allow you to use the stick on your PC and PS3. Xbox 360 would also be an option but would probably cost more.

pgs6.jpg

Picture of a couple of other button layouts. The NeoGeo 4-25 v2 button layout as well as a possible 8 button configuration more suited for use on a PS3 (Hadouken :tickled:)

So there it is... Let me know what you think... Questions, Comments, Criticisim, Suggestions... Let me know!

Last edited:

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Being a new comer to the scene I would be very interested in those sticks if the price were right.

ELebron77

n00b
Add me to the first orders!!!!....very nice!....I recently purchased one similar on EBay and although the build is good it took almost 2 month to shipp. Seller did have a warning that it takes 30 days from order to ship since he only builds them once ordered , not including weekends so it turned out to be way more than 30 days. I think the seller should make them once he has the parts and have them ready for shipping once they are listed. Other than that, I'm happy with the quality....I'm definitely interested in buying another (from you) they look
good.

This is the one I recent purchased...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ultimat...756?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257c4bc29c

As you can see the seller says he has four avaliable, so why doesn't he build them before listing them.....he only builds them once the order is placed and then ships out in 30 business days.

Last edited:

Don

Camel Slug
Truly Awesome....really professional looking sticks. Where do I insert the moneys?

Unstupid

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Being a new comer to the scene I would be very interested in those sticks if the price were right.
I'm still working on the pricing...

They look really nice! Are your sticks the ones Xian Xi was referring to?
Yea... He wasn't supposed to say anything. :D I didn't want to put anything out there until I had the slim versions done... But I'll add those on later...

Last edited:

Jonny l3lanka

Morden's Lackey
Very interested indeed.. Just waiting on pricing.. and hopefully shipping wont be a killer?

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
You should do a package, 2x sticks and a supergun. I would be keen to buy something like that.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Yea... He wasn't supposed to say anything. :D I didn't want to put anything out there until I had the slim versions done... But I'll add those on later...

It's hard to keep good news for yourself :D Very keen on the slim versions, will they keep the existing graphic design (minus the trademarked names) or is their going to be an option to customise?

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
You are offering American style parts, that is awesome since everybody seems to be getting a hard on over Japanese style when those of us that played in arcades back in the day remember those. A nice Happ stick and iL convex buttons on a sturdy wooden base is by far the best way to go for the best experience.

Unstupid

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Very interested indeed.. Just waiting on pricing.. and hopefully shipping wont be a killer?
Talked to USPS and shipping would be around $20 from Hawaii.

You should do a package, 2x sticks and a supergun. I would be keen to buy something like that.
I can talk to XianXI about the supergun... Maybe we can work something out.

It's hard to keep good news for yourself :D Very keen on the slim versions, will they keep the existing graphic design (minus the trademarked names) or is their going to be an option to customise?
Everything would be the same with the slim version... I'm just loping 1" off the bottom. Customizable artwork is a possibility that I'll look into...

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
Looks like these are a well crafted alternative to this style of stick that has been around for a while. I like the flexibility of hardware and layout options as well. Good work so far.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
very interested. looks great! I am excited to have something that would work on my PC as well as CMVS

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
Add me to the first orders!!!!....very nice!....I recently purchased one similar on EBay and although the build is good it took almost 2 month to shipp. Seller did have a warning that it takes 30 days from order to ship since he only builds them once ordered , not including weekends so it turned out to be way more than 30 days. I think the seller should make them once he has the parts and have them ready for shipping once they are listed. Other than that, I'm happy with the quality....I'm definitely interested in buying another (from you) they look
good.

This is the one I recent purchased...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Ultimat...756?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item257c4bc29c

As you can see the seller says he has four avaliable, so why doesn't he build them before listing them.....he only builds them once the order is placed and then ships out in 30 business days.

I was planning on buying a couple of these im glad i waited i want now i want what this guy is selling sticks look awesome

ChiefofSB

Geese's Thug
Talked to USPS and shipping would be around $20 from Hawaii.

I can talk to XianXI about the supergun... Maybe we can work something out.

Everything would be the same with the slim version... I'm just loping 1" off the bottom. Customizable artwork is a possibility that I'll look into...

I collect fightsticks and i must have a couple of these in my collection please make this happen

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
these look great! good work. I'm sure you'll find tons of people that will want one of these badboys... myself probably among them.

ESP_SVT

New Challenger
Very nice work! Can't wait to see the slim version. If you can make them with Seimitsu parts I might have to get one (or two).

ESP_SVT

New Challenger
You are offering American style parts, that is awesome since everybody seems to be getting a hard on over Japanese style when those of us that played in arcades back in the day remember those. A nice Happ stick and iL convex buttons on a sturdy wooden base is by far the best way to go for the best experience.

There's a reason some of us get a hard on about Japanese parts; they're superior. The AES controller also utilizes a Japan style stick. I do understand the part about nostalgic familiarity, though, so I guess some of us were lucky to have SNK candy cabs in arcades growing up. If I try to play on Happ/iL stick now they just feel horrible.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I have three custom sticks using Japanese parts and they are great, there is a reason I paid a lot of money to get them over the years. I have just found for my personal preference I like the American style. I'm a firm believer that if you are a good player Japanes vs American shouldn't matter, I have seen top level players at different tournaments playing with shitty no name sticks with whatever knock offs were in there. Looks at Tomo, LAakuma, Alex Valle and those guys back in the day, they could vream any current players using old beat up parts on whatever they were given.

There is no type that is superior to the other, it is ALL a matter of preference. I went to a lot of tournaments all over the country and all you have to do was watch a MVC2 tourny and you never say Japanese parts.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
I think the sticks look brilliant. I wouldn't worry too much about losing the SNK, MVS, Neo Geo logos. SNKP are not gonna go after small potatoes like this. The logos add a lot to the look of the sticks. I'd lose the "Pro gear spec" bit, though. Just my personal pref. Also, you'd do well to offer Seimitsu sticks and buttons on the J models.