Best Ironclad conversion?

GameLifter

New Challenger
I have seen a few different looking MVS and AES carts for Ironclad and I'm wondering what the differences are between them. I've seen AES versions that go for 700 USD and others that go for much cheaper at around 350 USD. They seem to have different labels and inserts for the case. Same goes for the MVS carts. On some, the label only says "Ironclad" while others say "Ironclad Brikinger". I've been wondering what the differences are and which one is the best overall.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
If you are looking for one James sells it on JNX for a great price and it plays perfectly.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
They were different homecart and MVS releases from various "release groups". Nothing official. The best is the Wii WAD dump IMO, as it has music, etc. That's what I used to make my ironclad MVS cart.

Pope Sazae

You can never go wrong with buying from James (Xian Xi), probably the best seller on these forums.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
None of them are worth more than a few hundred dollars. It's just a matter of choice on the printing.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Thanks guys.

All of the AES versions are the same thing like Neo Alec said. Only difference is the presentation with the printed materials. There is also a limited edition bootleg from Neoayato for Ironclad, what a rip off.

Skips

Belnar Institute Student
How good is Ironclad anyway? Is it more of something to buy as a collectors piece or is it a pretty good game that is worth the purchase? I've seen videos on YouTube for it but wanted other's opinions.

Pope Sazae

How good is Ironclad anyway? Is it more of something to buy as a collectors piece or is it a pretty good game that is worth the purchase? I've seen videos on YouTube for it but wanted other's opinions.

It's alright, I would call it pretty generic in my view. Graphics are decent but it does have very good music. Much better shooters on the Neo like Blazing Star.

GameLifter

New Challenger
Thanks guys.

All of the AES versions are the same thing like Neo Alec said. Only difference is the presentation with the printed materials. There is also a limited edition bootleg from Neoayato for Ironclad, what a rip off.

Limited Edition bootleg? Did I read that right!? What a joke! As for the game itself, I really enjoyed it when I played it at my local arcade. I loved the music and sound effects. The art style was really cool to me as well. You can also select your path after each level so it has some replay value there. The shooting is fairly straightforward but I liked having the helper robot that you can send out to attack enemies or attach it back to your ship to increase the power of your main gun. Great game overall!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
out of 10 I would give it a 7. I like the music, gameplay is ok. Not a bad game, sucks if you buy the NeoCD version for $300 though and wanted to play the game.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
It's a good console shooter. I believe it wasn't release for cart because it doesn't eat credits fast enough for the arcade. They could've rebalanced it; maybe that didn't work out well.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
IIRC there is an older VC ROM data set that had a much darker screen display than the newer version. You'd want one with the newer version, of course.

autobahn3000

Banned
Im looking for a IronClad MVS. Shadow PM me if you have any. I cant not PM you yet. Xian Xi is all out of stock.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
Is JMKurtz still making them?

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Technically it's not a conversion as no Mask ROMs exist for Ironclad. All Ironclad carts are boots.

With that said, the best Ironclad carts are ones you make yourself, or buy from Xian Xi. It doesn't take much to make an Ironclad, just the right boards and the right EPROMs.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I'm all out of eproms so your best bet is shadowkn55, he had some in a sales thread.

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
so if I have the cd version, am I missing anything? besides i get the load times...