MVS Cart Label Question.

GameLifter

New Challenger
Hey guys, this may seem like a silly question or I'm worrying too much but I recently got Metal Slug 3 for the MVS in the mail and I noticed that the label is upside down when facing the front of the cart with the white arrow. All the other MVS carts I've seen have the label right side up when you look at the front of the cart. Could the previous owner have opened the cart and put the chips back in backwards? Or do some MVS carts have upside down labels? I'm worried I may put the cart in wrong and damage my system or cartridge.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Replacement label likely. Just be sure it's not a boot (if you paid for a non-boot anyway).

GameLifter

New Challenger

Here are a few pics of the cart. I actually ended up with the cart because I ordered Metal Slug 2 from an eBay seller who claimed it was legit. The seller sent me Metal Slug 3 instead and I haven't contacted them about it. I plan on contacting the seller about it but my other copy of Metal Slug 3 is a boot that resets all the time when played on a Super MVS Converter II, so I may keep it if the seller doesn't mind.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
Hmm, label actually looks fine (aside from being upside down). Is it a hologram? Next step would be to open the cart and check the chips. It may be fully original after all.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
The label is fine.

Never seen a backwards labeled MVS cart before; however, in theory, it can happen in any mass-pro line.

The important thing is that the boards play fine. And that these are positioned in the case correctly.

To check the board's position in the case--You have to look at the boards--Make sure the solder side of the CHA board is facing the side with the WHITE ARROW--And make sure the parts side of the PROG board is facing the side without the WHITE ARROW.

http://mvs.gotwalls.com/index.php/Metal_Slug_3

And putting the cart in backwards for a bit wont hurt anything.

7592076994_b46d28fee5_o.jpg

Last edited:

GameLifter

New Challenger
The label is not a hologram and here are a few pics I took of the inside:

This is from opening the back (the side without the white arrow)

This is from lifting up the front part:

The chips seem to match the scans from the MVS website but it's hard to tell if they were put in correctly.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Upside down labels happen sometimes with MVS carts, usually happens with relabels when they change region from JP to US. If there isn't another label under that then it was done in production.

GameLifter

New Challenger
The label is fine.

Never seen a backwards labeled MVS cart before; however, in theory, it can happen in any mass-pro line.

The important thing is that the boards play fine. And that these are positioned in the case correctly.

To check the board's position in the case--You have to look at the boards--Make sure the solder side of the CHA board is facing the side with the WHITE ARROW--And make sure the parts side of the PROG board is facing the side without the WHITE ARROW.

http://mvs.gotwalls.com/index.php/Metal_Slug_3

And putting the cart in backwards for a bit wont hurt anything.

7592076994_b46d28fee5_o.jpg

Just looked at the boards and I think they are positioned correctly. Thanks for the tip! Time to try the cart out.

EDIT: Works great! The game did reset on me once but that seems par for the course with the Super MVS Converter II. Appreciate the help!

Last edited: