Total Eclipse of SNK 2013

ESP_SVT

New Challenger
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQha0dgBcXsukVbJBvqaJ7Q

I posted this link in the Game Play section, too. For those who may not know, Total Eclipse of SNK is an annual fighting game tournament in Japan that focuses on old school SNK games. Some of Japan's best players attend this. If you want to see some high level competitive play, check it out. The games included are:

The King of Fighters '98
The Last Blade 2
Garou: Mark of the Wolves

Enjoy!

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Those Last Blade 2 videos are awesome, such a good game.

Some really good matches here, makes me wish i had some challenging people to play against. Nothing beats elbow to elbow two player action.

Last edited:

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
Some very nice games in there. I guess for availability they are playing on Playstation 2 ports of these games? Or do they actually have access still to MVS hardware in enough quantities to do tournament matches?

ESP_SVT

New Challenger
All games are running on MVS and played on Sega candy cabs (not sure if Astro City or what, exactly). Home consoles are seldom used for tournaments in Japan, even with newer games like SF4, KOF13, etc.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
shit man, thanks for posting the link. there's some good gameplay in there, entertainment too.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
Thanks for sharing, makes me a bit sad though knowing we'll rarely (if ever) get to play these games in an arcade competitvly again...

ESP_SVT

New Challenger
You bet. Check out YouTube user KAINGEKKA for matches from previous tournaments.