Would anyone be interested?

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I have added "better" music to my copy of TotC. Would anyone else be interested in something like this, or is the game so far "past fixing", that it's in a "why bother" category now.

I added music from Ghostlop and other Puzzle bobble sounds.

I just thought I'd ask, I know a lot of you would not want to ruin your original carts of the title. Xian Xi said that all the original releases from NCI had their screw holes epoxied.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
I am actually looking for a cart of this...are you saying that you could add/change the tunes on the existing cart should I get my hands on one?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
How about you send your cartidge to me and I'll introduce it to a bath of sulfuric acid and we'll call it an achievement?

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
haha, I just have it in MAME, I've just been tooling around with development tools and what not. I don't have the physical cart. I wouldn't pay $550 for it, nor do I support the French ;) jking.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
If you want to take on a project, how about adding music to Zintrick on MVS? But if you're able to do that you may as well convert Crossed Swords II to MVS as well.

Capoz

New Challenger
Good idea XIan XI, music for crossed swords 2 it's a great idea!

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I wholeheartedly support both of the aforementioned projects. It would be great to finally be able to play either one of those games on MVS.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I spoke to XX about crossed swords and Kurtz directly. I've mentioned to produce the files, but I don't know what PCB I would be able to try it on. lol.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I spoke to XX about crossed swords and Kurtz directly. I've mentioned to produce the files, but I don't know what PCB I would be able to try it on. lol.

Just let me know the rom sizes and I can tell you.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
The music in TotC isn't the end of the world. Some of it is catchy, if not a little annoying. It was much better than I was expecting after what I'd read. And the music fits the game. Sure, I'd prefer the real completed game from Face, but for this it works.

I much prefer an original soundtrack than a mix CD taken from other games.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
If you're going to work on it, just get it running properly in MAME or another emulator and don't worry about game boards for now.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
If you want to take on a project, how about adding music to Zintrick on MVS? But if you're able to do that you may as well convert Crossed Swords II to MVS as well.
That would be infinitely more worthwhile than attempting to fix ToTC.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Simple fix. Just shut the volume down and listen to some other music while playing.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Zintrick and Crossed Swords 2 are an interesting idea. My only worry is what if some day the full roms are discovered? Then we'll have all these carts floating around with the wrong music, and some people might be confused. Of course getting the full rom out to the public is the kind of problem we'd like to have.