New NGPC on Buyrite for $39

jomo99

n00b
I can't make up my mind whether I want to pick up the SamSho boxed edition or not off Ebay....

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Silent_Scope, you really don't need a second system, unless you have games like SNK vs Capcom:CFC--then it's a must. But, even if not, it maybe good to have a extra one for a back up.

Hmm. They have it on ebay as a dutch auction for $50. W/ shipping, it will be $67.00. The auction ends in about 6 hours, but I think it is going to be re listed, as no one has a made a bid, and I have seen this guy selling the same item before. I think it's fairly good deal (and convient w/ paypal), considering that you are getting a SS1 (based on SS4). But the game sucks in my opinon. It's too slow. SS2 is much better. Of course, when compared to the color version, the b/w system isn't really great that as well. A bit blurry. I liked how you could adjust contrast, though. Also, the box was designed well, And I liked how the system looked--crystal clear (not like the neosprin color version). Nakoruru wrist strap is a nice touch too. I remeber buying that special edition for $110+ (can't really remeber the price) a while back. Of course, at that time, NGPC wasn't released so...If you already have a color system, you may want to buy it.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/ebayIsapI.dll?viewItem&item=535259051

[This message has been edited by Master Terry Bogard (edited January 11, 2001).]

S

Silent_Scope

Master Terry, you are right. I won't buy second one. I sold my B/W NGP for $30 one year ago and I shouldn't waste anymore money. Ha.....
Have you played Gunbird 2 yet? Price is very attractive ..$29

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Yeah. I don't think it's that good, though it's better than Gaia Wing. I know $29.99 retail price is fairly atractive, but I will spend that money towards on other good DC games--there are tons of them.

------------------
ffmw_terry.gif

"Come on, get serious!"

[This message has been edited by Master Terry Bogard (edited January 12, 2001).]