the HGA

JRock917

, ,
I checked out the link one of you guys gave to this place called Great Western Trading Company, and I inquired about this system they have called the HGA which can play MVS carts, this is the email I got back:

Hi, this is Dave at Great Western. The HGA does not need any special
modifications to work with the Neo Geo MVS system. It is purely plug and
play. The HGA is sold separately at $300.00 We sell Neo Geo MVS 1 slots
for $200.00 and the cartridge price varies with quantity and popularity. We
have cartridges that go as low as $10.00 and as high as $320.00. We have
just a couple of 2 slots available and they sell for $275.00. Let us know
if this is what you are interested in. You can reach us here in e-mail or
call (541) 726-1813 and talk to
Tammy or myself. Thanks.

What do you guys think? Good buy? Worth the dough? It looks pretty good on their site. Any feedback is appreciated.

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
I personally like my HGA, but I've already given my review of it for the most part. It's in the first link that nick gave.

The one thing I didn't comment on was GW's service. I inquired about an HGA 2 times before I actually bought one. The first time, I talked to Dave through email, and he was very polite and informative in his messages. He answered all my questions (which I asked in 2-3 emails), and was pretty cool about it even when I said I wasn't going to buy an HGA.

The second time I asked GW about an HGA (a few months later), I talked to someone else, but I can't remember the name. He was also pretty polite. It was that time when I actually bought my HGA, MVS 1-slot, and Metal Slug X.

They gave me a discount on my order, since I bought all of those things together. It wasn't a huge discount or anything, but it's still nice to pay a little less! (I don't remember the exact dollar amount.)

I'm personally pleased with my HGA, and I'm also pleased with the service I received. Great Western is a great company in my book, and I'm very pleased with what I own from them.

M

metalslug2k

I ordered an HGA last Friday with FedEx ground shipping, so it should be here relatively soon.

I will be happy to post my impressions on the product as soon as it gets here.

As far as the service goes, I have no complaints at all. I am not sure who I spoke to, but we chatted about Sony TV compatibility (mentioned in their FAQ), Hyper 64 connections, etc. He was very helpful.

JRock917

, ,
If you would please post those impressions it would be appreciated. I am also considering the Super Nova from Video Connection, so I want to get what is going to be the best system, should I get one; having a home arcade system like either one of these is a much more viable option for me at this point in time than a cabinet.