Total Eclipse of SNK matches

ESP_SVT

New Challenger
Check out YouTube user KAINGEKKA for some archive footage of The King of Fighters '98, The Last Blade 2, and Garou: Mark of the Wolves from past Total Eclipse of SNK tournaments. These videos show how these games were meant to be played and are pretty fun to watch. Good shit.

DBS

Mega Shock!!
Man, I wish there was a better way to play opponents in some of these games besides Xbox Live or PSN

ESP_SVT

New Challenger
Yeah. It's unfortunate that there are almost no arcade scenes left in the US. There used to be an awesome pizza place around where I'm from that had a thriving arcade scene. It's where I cut my teeth with fighting games. They even had two Japanese Neo Geo 4-slot cabs and pretty much every Capcom fighting game that ever came out. Sadly, that place closed a couple years ago.

I agree with you about XBL and PSN. I don't do online at all.

Yao

Quiz Detective
Join GGPO.
WHy was there no Total Eclipse Of SNK 2013?

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Those Last Blade 2 videos were great, the Akari player was awesome to watch. I love that game.

ESP_SVT

New Challenger
Yao, there was an event this year. It was held on April 29th, I believe. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQha0dgBcXsukVbJBvqaJ7Q

Pope, yeah, it's an awesome game. There's a bunch of broken/cheap shit in the game, but those things are not allowed in tournament play. Such a shame that the game (and other SNK titles) never took off like some of the Capcom fighters. It would be great if there were an event like Evo here in the States that focused on SNK fighting games. One can wish.

Yao

Quiz Detective
Ah thanks. Haven't found anything in advance to the tournament. My plan was to go there this year, since I missed it by a couple of days last year...damn.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Well Dark Geese is always trying to do these big SNK tournaments but I believe he mostly sticks to Mexico now and just the KoF games that the Mexicans play like 2k2.

ESP_SVT

New Challenger
There's always next year, Yao! I'd love to go to Japan, but my work schedule barely allows me to have one weekend off per month, so I doubt I'd have time for a trip to the land of the rising sun.

Pope, Dark Geese has done probably everything he can to promote SNK games in the States (he's a good player, too). I think it's probably easier to have successful events in Mexico due to them having a thriving scene there for quite some time...KOF has always been big down there. I still think it would be cool to have a large once-a-year SNK tournament here in the US.