Nanao MS9-29 help needed

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I tried to install a cap kit on my nanao ms9-29 chassis to fix a screen warp problem and now all I get is thin vertical line in the center. I double checked to ensure I installed the right caps and in the right position. No problems there. Any thoughts? I am thinking one of the new caps is bad.

leonk

Marked Wolf
Horizontal collapse is what you got. Did you make your own cap kit or purchased a kit? When I did my MS9 I noticed that the kits out there were not complete and some were wrong!

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I bought a kit from twistedquarter. I am thinking of buying another kit. I did make sure each cap was replaced with the correct caps one by one.

leonk

Marked Wolf
Before you do that there's stuff you can do with a voltmeter to verify voltages at different points on the pcb. I don't have details but lots of info online. Google is you friend here. Good luck.

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
Well I bought another chassis from ebay and this chassis has the same problem. A single vertical line. I am ready to push this Astro cab into the ocean. Is there anyone out there willing to tke look at the chassis' and fix at least one?

leonk

Marked Wolf
When you tried the 2nd pcb did you also replace the neck board board or use your old one?

NEgO MANIAC

Sieger's Squire
15 Year Member
I used the one that came with it. The seller assured me that it was working when he pulled it and the chassis was very clean. It almost looks like new. Is it possible one of the wires on the monitor is bad or possibly the psu is not giving out enough juice?