My new website - Interviews with Collectors across the UK

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
I'm working on a retro website (still not live and in the works)

Doing this purely for the love of retro gaming and to spread information across the globe.

Since I am now living in the UK, I thought I would interview some members which collect stuff (anything retro gaming related) and present the information on the website.

If you are in the UK and you would like your collection presented with some text and photos let me know :)

Also if anyone would like to advertise their website and/or services I would be happy to do so.

The website will be Drupal based and I'm still working on it.

:D

El Capitan

Mai's Apprentice
I like a few of the old retrogamer mags where they had a short collectors corner.

you could have a set format for each collector - name, location etc.

Then they talked about one main game / item in their collection that they love, and present some stuff also on their wider collection...

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
I like a few of the old retrogamer mags where they had a short collectors corner.

you could have a set format for each collector - name, location etc.

Then they talked about one main game / item in their collection that they love, and present some stuff also on their wider collection...

Good recommendation! I will consider this ;) Thanks.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Great idea mate... any retro games sites shoul dbe greatly encouraged and supported.. good luck.

If you would like to put my PC Engine LT setup on tthe site, i'll take you some better pics...

uCKHI.jpg

Also, would it be possible to get the NeoGeoSoft and hardMVS sites linked on there...?

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
fun idea. since you are a forum guy, you may want to consider hitting up some international folks. im sure there are some nutty collections you can capture for your site and do your interviews via skype.

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member

The most impressive thing in that picture is NOT the LT. It's actually that Super CDROM2 adapter (PI-AD18) that connects the LT to the SCD unit.

I actually thought I was the only person on this site that had one...

...although, I MAY be the only one that has the box it came in. :)

Jon

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Thanks for all the replies guys :)

@El Capitan: Site is still in the works. This is a very good idea. Although I am know considering Wordpress instead of Drupal. Might be a lot easier to set it up.

@rcantor77 : Of course! I will let you know once the website is live ( more or less in a month) Yes, everyone can have links on the site. This is purely for love, everyone can advertise/promote their work on the site :)

@cdamm: Great-o! Thanks! Idea is start doing firstly the UK folks and then move along.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
The most impressive thing in that picture is NOT the LT. It's actually that Super CDROM2 adapter (PI-AD18) that connects the LT to the SCD unit.

I actually thought I was the only person on this site that had one...

...although, I MAY be the only one that has the box it came in. :)

Jon

Yeah I know... that thing took me a few years to find after I got the LT but it came up on eBay about 10 years ago and somehow I managed to win it for about $50.

And yes, my LT adapter is not boxed... :(

The Sapphire is original though... :D

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Yeah I know... that thing took me a few years to find after I got the LT but it came up on eBay about 10 years ago and somehow I managed to win it for about $50.

And yes, my LT adapter is not boxed... :(

The Sapphire is original though... :D

That's an awesome price for the adapter! I paid MUCH more...mostly because it was boxed. I had been looking for it for over ten years. I had only seen pictures of it and never seen it for sale on ebay. I ended up getting it from 16-bit last year. I think it's safe to say, at least in my opinion, this is the rarest accessory for the PCE...HANDS DOWN.

I looked at your Sapphire, BTW, and immediately knew it was real. The purple uniform Sapphire White is wearing and the lemon into bubble gum pink lettering in the Sapphire logo are a dead give away. Although, the brightness of your flash ALMOST made me do a double take...just saying.

Jon

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
Whoever wants their site linked to, please reply in this thread with your website and a small description.

First goal is to link to every possible Neo Geo related website (jamma nation X, southtown, everything!)