The best Music from a Neo Geo game.

Robi15

20 Year Member
I like Waku Waku 7 soundtrack a lot. Arinas stage is a classic. Just beautiful, happy japanise popsong.

Anybody who agrees with me or have a different opinion?

Dark Kaede

n00b
Kingof Fighters 94 hands down has the best soundtrack on the neo! So many unforgettable tunes. Every track was a work of art! I still find my self tapping the buttons on my controller to the beat in between rounds. =) Later Kaede

JRock917

, ,
Mine has to be the music from Samurai Showdown, especially SS4; I just love all those subtle Japanese sounds that so help further immerse the player in an already great game.

16-bit

Angel's Love Slave
20 Year Member
IMO, the best music on the Neo Geo comes from Viewpoint. You could say I'm biased because I'm a big fan of early 90s house/techno music.

Honorable Mentions:

Magial Drop 3 - catchy theme songs
Sonic Wings 3 - great jungle/drum'n'bass
Magician Lord - unforgettable 1st level theme

I also agree that Waku Waku 7 has excellent music-especially the end theme, which reminds me of Pulp Fiction for some reason...
Carlson

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

i like ff special,sam 2...certain games and music seem to take me back to the ol evil days..ff special and sam 1 and 2 have evilistik value...one mans shit game is anothers bible...

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
I like King of Fighters 98 music, it has some really good songs on most of the levels.

Lou Gojira

Enemy Chaser
Some of my favorite Neo music is, and in no particular order:

. Magical Drop II (Justice has one of the coolest soundtracks of all time in my book)
. Viewpoint I can't think of one bad track on that game)
. King of the Monsters 1 & 2 (Astro Guy's music in the first one is still the shit to me)
. The Samurai series (to me, part 4 was the weakest of the batch, but there are a few tracks on there, especially Genjuro's, that save it)
. The KOF series (Kyo's Esaka soundtrack is still tops here)
. The Real Bouts (particularly Terry's, Yamazaki's, Geese's, Duck King's, and Billy's)
. The first Art of Fighting (though the jazzy sound in part 3 is very interesting and cool too)

That's all I can think of for now, though I know there's more I could think of later.

*And on a side note, and not to stray from the subject, but speaking of music, Drunken Shaolin Devil, have you picked up the Samhain box set yet? Great stuff, especially getting to hear the original version of Twist of Cain...*

Robi15

20 Year Member
Well, we know that there is a lot of good tunes to the Neo Geo. The WW7 ending music is, yeah, little Pulp Fiction style.

I also like Magican Lord music. Specially the first level music. Kind of synth,80's style to it.
pimp.gif

Robi15

[This message has been edited by Robi15 (edited October 18, 2000).]

HPMAN

UI resident
Just surprised no one mentioned the metal slug games.

I personally think they have incredible soundtrack
smile.gif

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Here are my favourites:

Samurai Shodown & KoF '94: The whole damn soundtrack!
Chichi & Nene's level, Binten/Benten's stage (forgot who is who but I mean the old man, not the girl) from Shin Oh Ken.
New York stage from World Heroes 2 Jet.
Norway & Japan (Hanzou) of World Heroes 2.
London March Real Bout & KoF series.
TRASH HEAD The King of Fighters '96.
The Pop 'n Bounce theme in ADPCM only (NeoRAGEx).
Level 1 of Magician Lord.
Geese's music (all its incarnations).
Howard Arena from Fatal Fury.

The Neo has too many unforgettable tunes!

And while we're talking about music, someone please tell me this: was there a more pointless game to press a CD soundtrack for than Bust A Move? I just came acros it a few hours ago.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
For KOF, it's KOF 96, then 99/98 (I like the jazz theme). I am putting KOF 97 in the near the bottom of my favorite KOF series list-half of them have no theme music, like Last Blade series
frown.gif
Last Blade's music is awesome though. Too bad that alot of them are just rehashes of one another. It has a good sound effect to boot.

Just going to ramble on some music theme. I like and play music myself (the reason why I got the cd in the first place. I like the remixed tune alot better in most cases), so...For SS: SS 3's special bonus stage (battle 6?)-where you get to fight the ref, and Nakoruru's.

For KOF: Women team in KOF 94 (CD version is MUCH better). Heroes team in KOF 94, 96. FF team in 95. Chizru's stage 96. Korean team 96, Iori's team 96. Big Boss in 96 (better than the AOF). AOF team in 94 and 96. The Boss battle in KOF 97 w/ Chris, Shermie,and Yashiro. Most of the music in KOF 99, esp. Heroes team.

For FF: FF2 Kim's stage. FF SP: Krauzer. FF 3: Honfu. FF Real Bout. FF Real Bout 2-Alfred and Rick. Geese and Billy too in varius FF series. MOTW: Belfrey'stage (the kungfu girl), and the desert back ground (Cop's stage). Honorable mention goes to Rock.

I can go on and on, but I think I will stop here, before I give anyone a weak eyes
smile.gif

NeoLord

Neo-Geo FAQs Editor
Samurai Shodown (EarthQuake's stage had some kickin' guitar work), Samurai Shodown
3 (Galford had an unforgettable soundtrack in the Neo CD version), Waku Waku 7
(every stage in my opinion), SamSho 4 (Genjuro and Hanzo's music), Magician Lord (the first stage),and RBFF (Sokaku, Kim, Andy, Bob, Franco, and Geese had excellent
sound tracks in the Neo CD version).

I

Iori

Metal Slug-stage 1,first half of stage 6
Metal Slug X-stage 1
Magican Lord-stage 1
KOF'97-Iori,Billy,Orochified Characters
KOF'99-Iori,Ikari,clones
WH2-J.Max,Janne
SS-Earthquake,Galford

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
Samurai Shodown 2 (CD version) - Kyoshiro

Metal Slug 2/X - Stage 1

KOF '95 - Neo Geo Land (actually, I like a lot of KOF 95's music)

Metal Slug 3 - space theme (when you first get to use those rocket ships)

Magical Drop 2 - Puzzle theme - just because it's so catchy

For just about any game, there's usually at least 1 track I like. These are just the ones I thought of off the top of my head.

chimpmeister

Former Moderator
I agree with all those, and add one . . .

Alpha Mission II.

Don't laugh, this is classic 16-bit shooter music, great synth sounds, very melodic. If you can find the AM II Neo CD, just pop it in and skip to track 2 where the music starts. A few of those tracks are absolutely awesome!

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Don't flame me , but c'mon....
who can't remember Duck King's rockin tune from RBFF. Hehe, damn that was some cheesy sh*t

Vagabum

n00b
It would have to be Real Bout Fatal Fury Special.. IMO they messed up most of the music for the sequel, although Andy's new theme and Rick Strowd's were awesome. Closely followed by KOF 98 and Last Blade 1 for me
smile.gif