AES -> MVS

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Possibly perhaps but nobody made any efforts in that direction as far as I know.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
I second that. Looked into it a few months ago since a few of the AES conversions or AES carts were cheaper and more available than their MVS counterparts. But unfortunately due to different pins it would take quite the effort to make it happen. :(

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
doesn't SuperGun have a home cart -> mvs adapter?

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
With the recent prices of MVS carts going bat-shit crazy it almost seems that this would be the way to go.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
except no

give it a year when all the newcomers realize they aren't getting their money back

That's what I'm hoping, ready for the prices to go back to what they were even a year ago so I can get back to my collection.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
yes. you need to get the Pranslation converter, and flip it upside down.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
That's what I'm hoping, ready for the prices to go back to what they were even a year ago so I can get back to my collection.

Since I'm also a newcomer it might be a bit biased, but do you really think that people just try to jump on the bandwagon? Don't know, I for one just took finally the plunge after debating for years to get into Neo Geo only to realise that none of the current mainstream efforts (emulation on PSP7PS3, NGX, whatnot) came close to what they promised.

If only a handful of people have similar motivations, combined with the realisation that they still play old games over and over while trying to just get rid of new releases, they are here to stay.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have Magician Lord for AES and wanted to have mvs since I don't own the aes any more. I'm hoping prices on mvs will come down now that the NGX is out, but doesn't look like that will happen.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I have Magician Lord for AES and wanted to have mvs since I don't own the aes any more. I'm hoping prices on mvs will come down now that the NGX is out, but doesn't look like that will happen.

Maybe if the NGX was actually any good - but the effect was that it reminded people how great the neo was, and made them want to play it in the right format.

6tusBeckmesser

Mr. Big's Thug
Maybe if the NGX was actually any good - but the effect was that it reminded people how great the neo was, and made them want to play it in the right format.

Even 'good' emulation on the PS3 didn't bring prices down. Then again those games were so expensive that one might aswell just start with the real thing.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
The Neo Geo insanity will come full circle once we start seeing MVS conversions, such as MVS Magician Lords being made out of NOS AES carts.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Even 'good' emulation on the PS3 didn't bring prices down. Then again those games were so expensive that one might aswell just start with the real thing.

Good emulation on the xbox did. About 10 years ago, prices dipped and there was a polarization. Somewhere along that timeline, certain games shifted from cheap to expensive (Sengoku 2001, Shock Troopers 2, Rage of the Dragons), while others dropped further (SSIV, Last Blade 2, any KoF except 2003).

The PS3 is possibly the second shittiest system to play Neo Geo games on, next to the PSX.

Tehcno

Bao's Babysitter
20 Year Member
It's almost like watching precious metal prices... when certain metals go low you jump on it and buy. When the others are high priced you need to stay back and wait for the price to drop back down.

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
mame works fine, emulation nearly identical to mvs game play..

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The current gen game companies keep making worse and worse business practices, so I can only assume that more and more people will be put off by them and going retro, which drive the prices up.

AlecRob

Banned
I actually have seen one AES to MVS converter, it was from way back in the 90s when MVS games were actually more expensive than AES ones. I've also seen JAMMA modded AES systems that were for the same purpose.

SSS

neo retired
The Neo Geo insanity will come full circle once we start seeing MVS conversions, such as MVS Magician Lords being made out of NOS AES carts.

Lol, I've already converted a baseball stars 2 and fatal fury Special over to MVS. Magician Lord is actually the next one. Got a baseball stars 1 boards clear of the Roms. Just got to move over the Magician Lord ones when I have time. Hakko 808 makes pretty quick work of it.

Last edited: