Link question?

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
Anyone,

Do you have to have the exact same game to link up and play neo geo pocket?

I mean if you have a Europe and a US KoF r2, can they link up?

Maybe a silly question, Just wondering

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
It's a real good question! What about linking up different versions of the game like Capcom Cardfighter's clash and SNK cardfighter's clash! I'm also curious to know.

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
I'm pretty sure that for older games especially, you can link any 2 versions of a given game together. For KOF R-2, for instance, I think the games themselves are exactly the same across all territories, just with a different sticker on the game and label for the box.

Basically, I think that any game that has both Japanese and English in it is a "universal" game.

I have no way of confirming this though. It's just my guess. ^_^

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
As for CFC, I think you *do* need games from the same territory. There is no English in the Japanese version and no Japanese in the English version (as is the case with many of the later NGPC games). I'm pretty sure you can't link a Japanese version of CFC with an English version. The NGPC will see them as 2 different games since they use 2 different character sets for language. (Earlier games like KOF R-2 have both the Japanese and English character sets in them.)

However, you can probably link a UK version with a US version, since they are likely the same game.

N

NGPSkinhead

I was wondering if you can link Bust A Move with Puzzle Bobble (euro vs, US) because they have diffrent titles. LInk Card Clash is really great