Mine is:

1)King of Fighters R-2
2)SNK vs Capcom Match of The Millenium
3)Biomotor Unitron
4)Evolution
5)Metal Slug 2nd Mission

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I don't really play the pocket anymore. The list--I think we did this awhile ago
smile.gif
Ok, mine is:

1. SNK vs Capcom
2. CFC (both version)
3. Metal Slug 1
4. Gals Fighter
5. Kof R-1/R-2

I still haven't played Bimotor Unitron or Faseli yet-well, not that much. It's sitting, collecting dust. Maybe I should have played Faseli first, instead of Evolution.

What I really need is the Dreamcast-NGP link. That will make me spend more time on NGP. In Capcom vs SNK for DC, it takes forever to accumulate points to spend on the secret shop (I can get 500 pt everytime I beat the whole session using Evil Ryu-but it takes so long. I bet I can accumulate WAY more pts faster using the cable link on SNK Vs Cap:MOTW and playing those mini games.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
My Top 10 are,
1/Ganbare Neo Poke Kun
2/M.O.T.M
3/Metal Slug's 1&2
4/Turf Masters
5/Dark Arms
6/Cotton
7/Sonic
8/Cool Boarders
9/Faselei
10/Evolution

Even limiting it to 10 is hard enough!

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
Here's my list:

1.) King of Fighters R-2
2.) Match of the Millenium
3.) Faselei!
4.) Cardfighter's Clash (Capcom)
5.) Metal Slug 2

My justification:

1.) Just got it 3 days ago, and loving it! A couple of my favorite characters, Saisyu (bad ass moves) and Shingo (you can do it Shingo!) are in it. Plus there's extra versions of the characters (like Kyo). It's always fun to kick that cheap bastard Rugal's ass.

2.) This is the best game to get for the Neo Geo pocket in terms of replay value and playability. I'm a Capcom fan (soon to be born again SNK), so I was thrilled that characters like Guile, Ken, and Akuma (the bad ass demon) were there. It also brought a tear to my eye when I heard a most perfect midi translation of some of the Capcom background music (esp. Zangief, Guile, and Ryu). SNK did a wonderful job of incorporating the two worlds. A must have!

3.) I love mech games and it can't get any better than this on a handheld system. Awesome graphics, sound effects, and weapons system. The intro song was too hyped up though! I was a bit disappointed since I couldn't make out the words.

4.) Eye-popping drawings/renditions of all your favorite characters from SNK and Capcom. Mech Zangief is a must see! I plan to get the SNK version in the future. 34.5 hours clocked in since purchasing it less than a month ago - nuff said!

5.) One of the best backgrounds and overall graphics on the system. Wonderful use of color. More responsive than the first mission and there's voice!

ZERO.X

Quiz Detective
1. Last Blade
2. MotM
3. Faselei!
4. Metal Slug 2
4. Cotton

Really, you guys just don't know. Last Blade has better gameplay then MotM. Once you get over the fact that MotM has characters from both companies and have a total of 9 ways of fighting, plus those mini-games; you'll see that Last Blade is better.

Last Blade VS MotM (all talking about LB)
More Secrets
Less Mini-Games
Less Characters
Less Secret Characters
More style in characters
More stories
Better stories
Better gameplay
Worse graphics
More fun when fighting
Less boredom

Now if the graphics is just marginally lower then MotM (parallax scrolling is absent), wouldn't it really be just about gameplay? LB does it better.

Oh, and if you think I'm biased, I never knew what LB was in the first place till this game arrived, then I found it in a local arcade and played a few rounds. And also, I was never a SNK fan until I got NGPC because of MotM, CFC, and Sonic. And I've always been a Capcom fan. I was there with SF2WH for SNES. I was there with Megaman3 for NES. I was there with MMX for SNES. SFA for Saturn. RE for Saturn. I was never there for Vampire, though, but soon that will change. Oh, and I'm so deticated to the MMX series, I will be getting PSone just for MMX5 (and I'll be getting GBA, so I can get MMXtreme, or whatever it's called).

Oh, and don't get me started on SFA3 (I spent probably over a year at my local arcade every week, playing that game to death, and I'm being modest!.)

BakuretsuMutekiSid

Zero's Tailor
Zero.X I'm also a Capcom fan. And isn't SFA 3 awesome. Do you have the Saturn and a copy of SFZ 3? If you don't I highly suggest you get it. Arcade perfect, fast, and awesome graphics (didn't notice pixelation). By the way it needs the 4MB card.

As for me not listing Last blade as my top 5 is that I haven't had a chance to play it. Don't worry though, I ordered me a copy from NCS for $39.00. I'm waiting for it. Hopefully they still have my reserve.

JRock917

, ,
how faithful are some of the NGPC versions of neo geo games to their full life counterparts?

ZERO.X

Quiz Detective
I was really talking about the people who have the game on their list, but it's below quite a few games.

Yeah, SFA3 is my fav SF game. Funny thing is, I don't even own it! And I have DC and Saturn (with 4MB Converter)! I was trying to decide which system I should get it for. I'll probably get it for DC since it's slightly better (as far as I know, but I do know SFZ3 for Saturn came out after SFZ3 for DC)

S

Silent_Scope

Top 5:

1) SNK vs Capcom
2) Metal Slug 2
3) Metal Slug
4) KOF R1
5) SS 2

D

DigiPunk

Tough..

1.) CFC SNK version
2.) Magical Drop
3.) SNK vs Capcom: MotM
4.) Faselei
5.) Last Blade

1 - 84.5 hours since December '99
2 - Fun & Frantic action! Great translation and overlooked pocket game!
3 - Alot of fun at first, but lost some of it's luster after I beat it to death.
4 - Haven't had as much chance to play it as I'd like, but of what I've seen so far I like!!
5 - Tons of secrets, faithful to LB2.

Evolution would be on there, but that one is collecting dust. I know the translation is bad, so that would mark it down a little. I'd rather play it on pocket than DC!

S

Silent_Scope

I only have PS SF Alpha 3. I don't have DC or Saturn version but seems like Saturn beats DC and PS versions. I'll try to get Saturn version and see if it's true. How weird that Saturn version is better than DC.........

bwi

20 Year Member
Originally posted by ZERO.X:
1. Last Blade
2. MotM
3. Faselei!
4. Metal Slug 2
4. Cotton

Really, you guys just don't know. Last Blade has better gameplay then MotM. Once you get over the fact that MotM has characters from both companies and have a total of 9 ways of fighting, plus those mini-games; you'll see that Last Blade is better.

B]

At last someone else who thinks like me
smile.gif

1.Last Blade
2.Metal Slug 2
3.MOTM
4.Evolution
5.CFC