The price of games now

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
So, what does everyone think of the SHOCKING price of games now in the U.S??
Up to $60 (£45) for 'standard' games, and up to $80 (£60) for the rarer or imported titles!
Does this represent value for money? Or just an excuse for retailers to cash in on our misfortune, and skin us for every last penny/cent that they can?
It's not quite as bad in the U.K, £40 or under, whatever the game is (even forty quid is bad enough!)

benares

Kula's Candy
Yeah I know what you mean.

And you guys in the UK even get hard cases to put your games in too!

neogeostore

Overtop Pathfinder
We have purchased most of our stock at full retail prices. For example, we paid about $45 to $55 for our import stock. Same goes for our domestic stock where we paid $30-45 per game. We were able to score some of the games for less from various sources, but The Neo Geo Store does not buy wholesale from distributors. All the carts in stock could have been bought from the same sources by the consumer. I started the Neo Geo Store as a hobby after I sold my home cart collection to Shawn. It's my way of staying around the Neo without having to deal with certain people who I feel have tainted the home cart scene.

Anyway, that's my perspective. I know The Neo Geo Store's prices tend to be high, but we also paid more than your average retailer. Also, we are the most complete NGPC store in existence. No one comes close to our selection of new US titles.

Thanks,

Tom
http://www.neogeostore.com

G

gokusama26

I think most of the prices are artificially inflated. My price determination point is usually eBay. It's completed auctions usually accuratley reflect the current market value for pretty much anything (excluding crap like "victorian tables, and one of a kind items). It is a very well known site with literally millions of users, and large exposure. Nearly everyone who is looking for something, be it game, car, computer, and TV's, etc. look at eBay as an option. They search out the item, see the price, and if it is what someone is willing to pay, bidding will increase. If not, you won't get bids. Remeber, something is only worht what someone will pay you for it, and not a penny more.

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I paid over $100 (including shipping) for a Faselei on ebay couple months back, so the high prices really don't bother me-as long as the game is good.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
$100 ? OUCH!!!
When I heard that S.N.K were pulling out I bought every game that I could lay my hands on. A lot of the normal titles came from 'simplygames.com' who had put a lot of their NGPC games down to £10 including P&P to anywhere, (none left now). Some of the rarer titles I got from 'anotherworld.co.uk' who still have stocks of most of the good ones, charge £30-£40 plus p&p, I think ship to the U.S, and have hard cased copies of Evolution and Cool Boarders plus all the JP imports. 'telegames.co.uk' are also very good, but I'm not sure if they ship continental.
I just think its a shame that you guys are having to pay so much more than us for your games. I've got 35 NGPC games most of wh I've bought online for between £5 and $40. So my advice is shop around. Avoid on-line auctions. check the U.K importers, and save lots of cash!!!!!!!!!

LONG LIVE NGPC!!!!!!