Question about Art of Fighting 3 NGCD

ESP_SVT

New Challenger
I've noticed some copies of Art of Fighting 3 on the Neo CD have an all white CD face, while others have the same colored graphic printed on them that the box set version has. I'm talking about the actual face of the disc itself. Is there any difference in content or is it purely cosmetic? Sorry if a noobish question... I'm new to the Neo Geo hardware scene. Thank you in advance.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
There are bootleg NeoCD games out there so you may have come across those.

ESP_SVT

New Challenger
I don't think these are bootleg copies, but I guess they could be. Do a quick search on eBay for "art of fighting 3 neo geo cd" and you can see what I'm talking about on the first page.

ESP_SVT

New Challenger
I could have clarified; not literally all white disc, but the artwork is all white on one of the copies.

Sex Machine

Big Monkey Balls 20
Hmm, I honestly couldn't tell you unless I inspected the disc, it's been years since I've had this game.

Sex Machine

Big Monkey Balls 20
It's possible one type came from the limited edition set, and the other the normal release.

ESP_SVT

New Challenger
Thanks anyway. I just downloaded it on Wii VC and it's actually pretty fun! Not many characters, but tons of style and the animation and backgrounds are impressive for a game that came out in 1996.

Edit: Ah, I bet some do come from the limited edition. Good call.

Last edited:

Tacitus

Volatile Memory Construct - SN://0467839
Staff member
I don't think these are bootleg copies, but I guess they could be. Do a quick search on eBay for "art of fighting 3 neo geo cd" and you can see what I'm talking about on the first page.

May not be directly applicable, but stay aware of "hong kong silvers" when purchasing ANY CD media, especially video games, from the mid 90s.