Neo Geo Pocket repairs - where?

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can get my neo geo pocket repaired? The screen works sometimes then goes blank.

wjw

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
My guess (I could be wrong) is that the cost of repair would be the same as the cost of replacing it....

Keith

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
I doubt you could get it professionally & officially repaired anywhere outside of Japan. Don't know where you live, wjw, but I assume it's either in North America or Europse. Since the SNK branches in those territories are gone, you're probably out of luck for NGPC repairs.

You might want to try opening your NGPC and see if anything's loose in there. Since the screen sometimes goes blank and sometimes doesn't, my guess is that there's a wire loose.

And as Mouse_Master said, even if you could get it repaired, it would probably cost the same (or more) than just getting a new system. NGPCs still aren't that hard to find, so I'd just pick up a new one.

G

gokusama26

Didn't SNK say they'd do repairs and replacements until the end of November on NGPC's? Or is my head up my ass? I think you should try calling the number that is on the books that come with you NGPC.

[This message has been edited by gokusama26 (edited October 24, 2000).]

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
I agree w/ Mouse Master. Maybe getting a new system is better. The price of fixing it will be close to the new system. Like VCRs and TVs.

JRock917

, ,
I remember when I had a game boy color it would do something similiar to that, the screen would have these blank lines appear in it for no discernable reason. I had to get the system completely replaced; it unfortunately seems like your only viable option.

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
Thanks everyone for your replies/advice -
Looks like this NGPC is going into a landfill.

frown.gif

neogeostore

Overtop Pathfinder
As far as I know, the only SNK employee left is an accountant sorting their financial mess out. Gokusama26 was right about SNK claiming they would take responsibility for repairs--but I wouldn't count on it. You see, SNK USA wouldn't take the time to diagnose and repair your system. They would REPLACE it. When SNK USA closed its doors, they had a whole pallet of NGPC systems left in stock which were used for retail sale and replacement stock. One of the sales reps was allowed to buy them DIRT CHEAP. So, I think you're out of luck when it comes to an SNK-based resolution.

Tom
http://www.neogeostore.com