Puzzle Bobble dancing pixels

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Any ideas about this? Most other games seems to run fine and without such issues on my 4-slot. This game runs fine on my cmvs but graphics issues on my 4-slot.

70008216.jpg

I tried cleaning the cart edges with an eraser but no difference after that.

Also, as you can see I have managed to take a picture upside down and there is a spoon!

Last edited:

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Get some DeOxIT and clean up the contacts with that.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
This is a common problem all Puzzle Bobble carts have in a multi slot setup. If you take all other games out and just put in PB, you'll see the pixels disappear.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Either the cart is dirty/corroded or your 4-slot is a bit picky with power. Or what RabbitTroop suggested.

I'd love to have a SNKG Puzzle Bobble. All I have is a black Bust-A-Move. What a horrible name...

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
This is a common problem all Puzzle Bobble carts have in a multi slot setup. If you take all other games out and just put in PB, you'll see the pixels disappear.

This.
Also, having it in slot 1 stopped it happening on my 4 slot.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Thanks guys. I could swear I tried it in every slot before. It was mostly in slot number 1 when this was happening. However, thanks to you the problem is gone now.

I put the cart alone in the slot number 4 and the nasty pixels disappeared.

Then, I started adding carts to other slots and the problem didn´t come back.

It´s a bit of a mystery to me but I´ll take it! I suppose having the motherboard run together with just the puzzle bobble cart for a while is what did the trick. They getting to know each other and getting into terms with their relationship and all that. I don´t blame her (the motherboard) either. It might be a bit of a shock to meet bubble blowing dragons but eventually they must have been so adorable that she couldn´t resist them.

I´m pretty sure that I could make the problem come back if I changed the cart positions or put other games in to accompany the puzzle bobble cart and maybe put the pb cart in another slot again... But right now I gotta play some puzzle bobble and stop worrying ;)

Thanks!

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
smallest to largest meg count, works well in my 4 slot...

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Yeah the 4-slot is pretty weird about carts I find.

By the way, which version of 4-slot do you own? The large one with discrete chips on the top board? Or the smaller one with custom chips? I have the older 4-slot and it requires a lot of power, it's also very picky about voltage... But hey at least it works when the PSU is good.

Mendel

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy
Puzzle Bobble now without dancing pixels!

Now I need a fifth slot for Shock Troopers though :)

Last edited:

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
Yeah I had this issue with it in my 2 slot. Went to a 4 slot, problem solved.

Damn SNK and their official bootlegs.