NGP questions

benares

Kula's Candy
I've been thinking about getting a Neo-Geo pocket but I've never seen on 'in the flesh.'

How is the quality of the screen? I used to have an Atari Lynx and the thing that bothered me about it is that you have to hold the screen at a certain angle other wise you can't see whats on the screen.

Recently, Puyo Puyo 4 came out for the Game Boy Color - how does it compare with Puyo Pop(NGP)?

And lastly, I noticed there are some gambling games for the system. How many and what kinds of gambling games are there?

That's all!

JRock917

, ,
The NGPC definitely has nice, crisp, colorful graphics, I think much better than the Game Boy Color. It really feels very balanced and playable. I really am considering getting one myself, as I was really impressed when I played one.

Eclipse

Crossed Swords Squire
The screen quality for the NGPC is very nice. There is relatively little blur in the games, and the colors show up very cleanly and vividly. Generally, the brighter the light you sit by, the better the screen looks.

As for gambling games, there were a couple of slot machine games, a poker game, and a blackjack game, I believe.

N

NGPSkinhead

The screen of NGP is really great. Maybe you played Shanghai on the Lynx. The NGP conversion have really sharp graphics on such a small display. It really showed me how good the screen is. One negative point, you can't regulate the brightness.

JRock917

, ,
Well the graphics on it definitely blew away any handheld I have ever seen. I guess the game boy advance might have better resolution when it comes out, but it still aint a neo
smile.gif

neogeostore

Overtop Pathfinder
As others have said, the screen on the NGPC is great. My only complaint is the lack of a backlight. When I play in the house, I almost always have the Light Magnifier on. In my opinion, the Worm Light sucks because it doesn't light up the display enough. With the Light Magnifier, you can easily play in pitch black, and get the added functionality of enlarging the screen by 40%.

Tom
http://www.neogeostore.com

benares

Kula's Candy
Wow. What a monstrosity!

That thing is huge! (The light magnifier)

Does anyone have a picture of an actual Neo Geo using it with a game on the screen?

benares

Kula's Candy
please do. If its not too clunk I'll pick one up. Just want to put my order together before I head over to the neogeostore

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The screen is sharp and large.
Blur is minimal. If you have little light is when it kicks in .

Big Bruno

20 Year Member
Well I bought a light magnifier at one point. It was actually the only Neo pocket accessory that I returned. It worked great when I held the neo pocket flat and did not move it. but is I held it at a angle or moved my Neo pocket around the magnifieng lens would always swing down. it drove me crazy. I actually just play my neo pocket now with the shock and Rock. now that is a cool little accessory. I never bought a wormlight though.

the gambling games are fun, I actually liked the mystery bonus slot better then the cherry master. Dragon wild is ok to if you like electronic poker.

you know a real simple game that actually had me addicted for awhile was the Picture puzzle game. Maybe because I like math that one had me caught up in it. I have puyo pop but did not spend to much time on it.