Do people here on NG.com think you actually look like your avatar?

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
It's always funny that 90% of the time you never actually meet the people you deal with on here or chat with (however NG is different as some of you guys actually chat outside of the forum and have fighter sessions). So, for example after dealing with Xian Xi a few times, I see him as a 40 something year old ninja master... or Big Bear as a huge White dude from FF with a chain and ball.

I guess some people aren't understanding the over-all purpose of this thread. So I'll try to identify my logic... because we don't deal physically with the people we communicate on here... at least a few of us tend to subconsciously view the people we chat as their avatars or the way they chat/bitch/discuss. So it's just kinda funny actually, obviously it doesn't occur all the time, but my question was have you had it happen to you?

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I use this avatar almost everywhere. If people thought this was what I looked like, there might be a problem with them.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
no you'd just be the dick that always finds a way to best the autobots lol.jking.

whisper2053

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
A fair point here...thinking about it objectively I would have to say that I agree with you and have been doing something like that subconsciously. Lol, it does beg the question though of what mine (Eve toon portrait) says about me :P

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I look more like Sie Kensou (my previous avatar) than Marco. I think this avatar makes more sense, because he's carrying a Heavy Machine Gun.

Wookiemeat

Super Spy Agent
20 Year Member
I've always had a freakishly large amount of facial and all over body hair!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
between this thread and the guy asking about the genesis, i officially declare general discussion DEAD

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Might as well remove the last surviving bits of Neo heritage left on this site and dedicate it to the old members. They run this place anyways...

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
I wouldn't play any game or use any avatar with characters that even remotely resemble me.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
between this thread and the guy asking about the genesis, i officially declare general discussion DEAD

We've pretty much ate up all the potential Neo Geo discussions, unless you want to retool the same discussions, kinda like the "Matrix" starting all over again after the humans die and the robots win. I've actually read through this forum a lot for years before joining, but when I actually had an AES, so I've read A LOT of what you guys consider hertiage, and also a shit load of random posts lol.

General discussions is just here to shoot the shit, a virtual water cooler. Unless you tell me otherwise and I won't post LOL.

marvelus10

n00b
I find that almost every time someone posts a picture of themselves on a forum that they look nothing like what I have assumed through communication and thread posts. It's quite amusing.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I look exactly like mine however I wear glasses

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Sage:
hyo-char.jpg

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
I need someone to edit my avatar to dress him up in Pope gear

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
im creepier than scruffy (the janitor) in person.

The King Prawn

Marked Wolf
My avatar IS a picture of me. So yes, sometimes.....

Actually no. It's an old helmet I don't use anymore. So no, that does not look like me.

hokuto29

n00b
funny topic,can you imagine a guy like zankuro in real life walking on the streets with a sword bigger than a car...........scary as hell :eek: lol