NG Dev and Kickstarter

medic_wheat

Kabuki Klasher
I have had some dealing with Kickstarter.

Well two...

The Cheetamen II Lost Levels NES

&

Peir Solar HD (Dreamcast)

I have a cool proto red cartridge NES Cheetamen now, and soon the Peir Solar HD for Dreamcast to play and enjoy.

Now I also have to date the whole library of NG Dev Team games, but for Dreamcast, let's face it, it's the most economic route.

Now yes I'd love a AES, or even MVS copy of their current and future games.

But as most know, the price of boy the price. It truly scares most people away.

So my question is this,...why has NG Dev never utilized Kickstarter to offset the cost of development for their new games, that could in turn allow those who contribute to buy the game for AES/MVS/DC at reduced amounts as contributors?

At the very least this would allow people early on for the initial (and usually only run) of these games in the AES/MVS format.

I know this is not a NEW idea, I think I have seen this very statement/idea posted once or twice in various threads where it is hinted that NG Dev team wants numbers to do another production run of their games, but then it's 5 plus months later and no official word from the little German Team that could.

Maybe even some sort of multi cart with the current games on it would be nice, (and don't tell me it's not possible) After all we are talking homebrew games here ....

So has there ever been office word from NG Dev why they have never reached out kickstarter style to see about allowing some of us supporters and for the most part buyers of their product at prices that in all honestly (average joe) can afford?

medic_wheat

Kabuki Klasher

This video really made me think of this again...once again not a new idea, but even to see limited releases is always good.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
You need street cred to get a good chance of funding a large scale project. They weren't well known back then but now is a different story. They can probably do well this time around.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i find this to be a very good question. nice thread post man. i bought fast striker mvs upon release, and really would like to play there other titles, and be once again a financial contributor to there efforts. kickstarter would be a great way to help these guys further flesh out there titles and create a masterpiece in the future.

Joneo

Belnar Institute Student
If they do, I'd even be up for a cut-price, "LOL-You-Missed-Out-On-The-First-Batch" artless bare-cart, re-release edition.

Teddy KGB

Капитан Борода
10 Year Member
i find this to be a very good question. nice thread post man. i bought fast striker mvs upon release, and really would like to play there other titles, and be once again a financial contributor to there efforts. kickstarter would be a great way to help these guys further flesh out there titles and create a masterpiece in the future.

Yeah, if you ever get tired of your copy of FS, let me know. :D