I finally gave up...

TSXGuy

New Challenger
Well...it was a sad day/night. I finally gave up on my Wii U. Game Stop Rewards was too great to pass up and I also got $120 just for my 80GB PS3 that I used for 4 years.

All in all, got $400 in Game Stop credit so I can use that towards a PS4 or whatever they are going to call the new X-Box.

Anyone else give up on this system yet?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Selling your Wii U is your business. Selling it to Gamestop is where you got boned.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Selling your Wii U is your business. Selling it to Gamestop is where you got boned.

I'll have to agree with Jedah here, I will never give GS another video game or system ever again, should have waited and sold both here or on ebay. You got business class raped.

TSXGuy

New Challenger
Yea...I guess you are right. EBay is such a pain and I doubt I could have gotten much more for my PS3. However, a guy had a great deal on a Wii-U on CL recently and it scared me. Anyway, I probably got a bad deal.

Thanks for the comments though.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Next time a thread of this nature should be posted in unrelated. This sub-forum should be Neo related only.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
moved to gamefaqs? are the mods that powerful? :eek:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
While telling him he got completely screwed is a bit harsh, It's not entirely wrong. After knowing first hand the bait and switch that is Gamestop trade by working there, It's never a good idea to trade anything into them unless it's an incredibly unbelievable deal, and even then, games only. Systems especially - You would have gotten more REAL cash by selling on craigslist or even on ebay AFTER fees.

It's good to know for the future *shrug*

hindsight2.jpg

Green Beret

Fio's Quartermaster
280$ for a used Wii U is a very bad deal. The PS3 sold in very nice price though.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
was the ps3 backwards compatible? and under 3.55? It would have sold for a lot more if so. but yea wrong area... we all do it once or twice.

-D-

Zero's Secretary
Not anywhere near giving up on Wii U. Yes, it's true that this early 2013 lineup is godawful terrible, nearly nothing. But PlatinumGame's Wonderful 101(that Viewtiful Joe + Pikmin mashup) is pretty much around the corner, Pikmin 3 is getting closer to release, Bayonetta 2 is going to remain an exclusive, and eventually we'll get a new Zelda and hopefully F-Zero.

About every system encounters some dry spells in the first year or so; so I think it's extremely premature to give up on it.