Puzzle de Pon! R - ok or not?

Stompp

Kuroko's Training Dummy
I have a Puzzle de Pon! R with an A-board looking like the pic below. The B-board looks identical to the one on mvs.gotwalls.com.

It's the P1 chip I'm suspicious about.

What's verdict guys - boot or not?

Thank you in advance.

pdpr-a.jpg

Link to the full sized pic: http://newastrocity.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/pdpr-a.jpg

Last edited:

Asure

Captain Dick,
Puzzle de Pon / Puzzle de Pon /R (202 vs. 235)
Savage Reign / Kizuna Encounter (059 vs. 216)

Both of them share a lot of (e)proms and could be turned into the other game quite easily.
If you look at the scans of Puzzle de Pon, you'll see everything is 'fine' at least on the 'set2' board. It has all OTP chips with '202-xx' markings. (202-p1 for example.)
If you look at the scans of Puzzle de Pon/R, note that only '235-P1' and '235-S1' differ. They recycled all the graphics and voice and updated the program a bit. Only a 2-rom difference!

For Kizuna, it's a bit more complicated. Kizuna uses C1 & C2, C5 & C6 and C7 & C8 from Savage reign, adding only C3/C4 as new graphics (probably updated, maybe there was some room left in those?)
For voice data, they recycled V1 & V3, but replaced V2 & V4. Offcourse S1, P1 and M1 are also updated. (a 7-rom difference)

In case of your pdp/r it becomes harder to say if it's legit. The second board should a toshiba '235-S1' on it, no eprom.

I think you can make a switchable PDP/R cart with a SPDT switch and piggybacked roms, if i'm not mistaken ;)