MV-1F where does pin 13 go from the jamma edge

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I picked up a board and have fixed two of the IC's, but I'm still experiencing wavy video. looking around, I see that the trace from jamma pin 13 (blue video) to (whatever spot) on the board was ripped. I used my multimeter to see where the issue was, but without knowing exactly where pin 13 goes, due to the resistors hiding the traces, I can't verify if the hole I'm checking (ha!) for connectivity is actually the right one. I'm assuming from the connectivity of the other pins, that the pin actually goes to one of the four holes to the left of the rows of the resistors. Any ideas?

photo2mvs.jpg

thanks

wynd

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Pin 13 is blue, if you flip the board over you will see where it connects to at the video DAC. Also in the pic it looks more like pin 14, ground.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
you're right, for some reason I thought you just didn't count the KEY "pin", but it is actually 7 on the pinout sheets.

So, yes it's ground. I think that's what is causing the wavy lines (let's hope). I'm planning on soldering from the soldered hole near pin 14 (just north of it) to where it connects to, but that's my dilemma, identifying where it goes to, I'll turn the board over tonight.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Put a jumper from that hole to the ground pin on the closest IC (LS273 (10)).

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Success. Repaired that trace and two more under the pcb (solder side). Connectivity is "confirmed".

Now to test it... waiting to get my loaned supergun back or getting a vogatek from chappy.

Wynd