V-liner requirements?

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
Does V-liner require a special controller? I've been told that it did but had my doubts about that.

I've also been told that you need a unibios. Anybody know the deal with this one (information is very limited). Just wanted to know if I can play it before I acquire it.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Don't bother with it. It isn't worth the trouble.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
As far as I heard in the past you need a coin hopper plugged into it to help get it working. Don't imagine you got a gambling apparatus like that in your collection though ;)

fremen

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hi,

Do you have the cable ribbon??
If you do a search in the forum, you can find how it works.
I have the service manual of the V-Liner, courtesy of Jeff Kurtz, if you want it let me know.

Saludos

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Don't need a special controller. If you have a Unibios you can coin up without the extra wiring using a cheat.

malignantpoodle

Robert Garcia's Butler
I know that the cable ribbon is for the coin hopper, which should have nothing to do with getting the game to play. Jockey Grandprix has the same thing and plays fine, but if you hit cash out it will freeze the game.

I was told however twice now that Vliner requires some special controller or something.

So is that all it is, that you have to coin up? JGP does the same thing and only adds credits from the coin chutes, not through test switches or free play.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Yeah that's it. I just use the Unibios and don't bother with the coin wires anymore.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
It plays fine with the unibios and standard sticks/buttons. Has a lot of the same quirks as JGP, though, and will crash if you try and cash out without a coin hopper. Overall, it's a neat one to pick up for the collection, and it has a lot more settings for betting, different graphics for the wheels, etc, than JGP.