RPGs on the Neo Pocket....

Mouse_Master

Support your local Sheriff, ,
Staff member
For such a short lived system, it is surprising we got 3 RPGs!

I have played through Bio-Motor Unitron, that was a great game, too bad we will not see the sequal. I have been told it was much better (And the person who told me this loved the first one!)

I have yet to start Falasi (I can never remember the spelling for the game) and Evolution. I'm thinking Falasi should be first as I got Evolution last. Possibly saving the best for last?

As far as RPGs on portables, the only thing that comes close is some Master System games on the Game Gear, and games on the Nomad....

My thoughts...

Keith

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
For RPG's on a handheld you should look into getting a TurboExpress. There were lots of great Hucard rpgs that can be played on it. I like the pocket, but the Express is still the best protable imo.
-nick_th_fury

Mouse_Master

Staff member
I've never actually played on a Turbo/PCE.... And I use to only play an Atari Lynx (Lots of great games on it!!!)

I did not think too much was ported to the US Turbo RPG wise, but there were some CDs, right?

What games are there?

Keith

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Well there Dungen Explorer & Dungoeon Explorer II. Both are RPG/Gauntlet type games. Order of the Griffon is a &D Rpg. A really good one actually. Cadash was more an action game, but with a cool storyline.
Neutopia & Neutopia II were good Rpgs.
Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. There were many good CDrom rpgs, but they wont work for the portable.
I really have enjoyed my Turbo over the years. It & the Neo have allways been my Favs.
-nick_th_fury

ZERO.X

Quiz Detective
Well, here are all the games that are (considered) RPGs

BioMotor Unitron
Card Fighters Clash
Dark Arms
Dive Alert
Evolution
Faselei

Faselei! kicks ass.
Evolution is a disappointment, if you have I hopes for it. Try to go into it without an opinion already.

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Well, I had low expectations for Bio-Motor Unitron and was REALLY surprised! I do not have any expectations for the Faselei or Evolution, although I do have the first Evolution for the DC.... Haven't touched it yet though....

Have you played Dive Alert? I have it, have not played it yet, but did hear bad things about it....

Keith

nick_th_fury

Baseball Star Hitter
Hey Zero,
Can you tell us a little about Faselei?
I havent heard anything about that game except that it was rare. Whats the storyline? Any info appreciated. Do you think it worth the high prices it sold for on ebay?
-nick_th_fury

ZERO.X

Quiz Detective
The story is not the greatest(that's why I can't remember it clearly), but I do know that is was very good. The game is kinda short. After your first battle, you are able to customize your mech, or just buy a whole new one, if you got the money. The way you battle is that you have a set amount of actions you are able to do in a turn. You are able to upgrade the amount of actions later on. The actions you are able to do, are the ones you choose to bring to battle. The is Fwd, Back, Left, Right, Dash, Wpn1, Wpn2, Wpn3, Wpn4, Wpn5, Wpn6, Heat, Snipe, and many more. You start off with Fwd, Back, Left, Right, Wpn1, Wpn2, Item, and maybe a few others.

I think it's a very good game. It has it's limitations(the number of actions) but that adds to the strategy, on purpose.

N

NGPSkinhead

I thought Evolution was the best RPG on Neo Geo Pocket. Ok, it is just the same game as the Dreamcast as I heard, but I loveed to play it. Faselei! is also great an d really worth it's price. About Dive Alert, I forgot it in my top 3 of most disappointing games, but it is really boring and has a bad interface.

My chart for RPG

1 Faselei!
2 Card Clash
3 Evolution
4 Biomotor Unitron
5 Dark Arms
6 Dive ALert

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Yep, it probably is the only true RPG. I think Turbo Express is probably the best portable game platform out there-at least until GB Advanced comes along. My favorite RPG/Strategy hybrid? Faselei was good, but it has to be Card Clash in my opninon.

ZERO.X

Quiz Detective
My favorite is Faselei then CFC.

If I understood all the inside jokes, I'm sure it would be CFC.

Mouse_Master

Staff member
I'm sure someone will eventually make a FAQ that will explain all of the jokes!
smile.gif

I guess some did not translate well at all!

Keith

ZERO.X

Quiz Detective
What do you mean? If I understand: I own the US version. I get a little bit like the Mikami in the RE Mansion.

Mouse_Master

Staff member
Since the translation was done by SNK, the same tranlators that do all of the Neo Geo games, I bet some of the jokes did not survive the translation very well, they probably lost some bits of their original meaning....

Keith

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
To bad they didn't get Ogre Battle over here in time, that would have been the best RPG.

Gambit

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Also someone had mentioned a special Ogre Battle Neo Geo Pocket Color system. I think it was Adol. Any word or pictures on that?

Master Terry Bogard

Belnar Institute Student
Actually, Ogre Battle is the best RPG game out for Neo Geo Pocket in my opinion. Too bad I can't enjoy it fully. Haven't played it out in a long while.

Mililou

n00b
Could somebbody tell me more about CFC ?
I appreciated Dark Arms a lot (that i just have finished this morning), and I will start Biomotor Unitron.
I know Evolution and Fare really difficult to find.
I have Dive Alert :Matt's version and i don't like it...

So, i would like having some informations about Cart Fighter's Clash that I don't really know...
Thank you ! :glee: