Neo Geo Hardware Test Crosshatch & CRT Overscan settings

ChrisB

Another Striker
Hi
Can anyone give me some advice, I had my cmvs hooked up to a 28" jvc widescreen crt connected via s-video. Great picture all I had to do was adjust the h-size & v-size in the service menu on the tv to get it looking correctly.

I went in to the hardware test & got my cmvs to display the crosshatch pattern.
Now the crosshatch has a grid mostly white but with a one sqaure all the way round which is blue squares. I adjusted my crt so all the grid fitted horrizontally & vertically. So it was displaying the blue section of the grid as well. Are you supposed to adjust your set so that you can only see the white section or grid? I am not sure but I think I did it correct so the whole grid is visible even the blue border?

Anyway that was working well and the image was displayed properly but I was not happy with it as its a widescreen set and I wanted a proper 4:3 aspect crt so I went a picked up a Sony CRT TV KV-29X1U

Now I tried to do the same thing with this tv hooked up by rgb scart I can not get the grid to fit the screen if I try the service menu options I can adjust v-size, v-centre, h-size & h-centre no matter what I try you cant get the grid to fit centrally, only when I hook up by s-video can I get it mostly central.

Wierd thing is I can not adjust the service menu options on the sony crt while the grid is being displayed the values will not change except v-centre thats the only one I can change.
What I have to do is change to tv mode which displays a blank screen then it will allow me to change the service menu settings for h-size & v-size settings then I have to flick back to the s-vid input to get the grid and then see if my settings are anywhere near right.

Really really fustrating I didnt think I would have any issues with this crt especially being a 4:3 crt.

Has anyone got any experience of the Sony CRT TV KV-29X1U and am I setting the screen correctly to try to get the crosshatch fully visible including the blue part of the grid???

Sorry for long post by the way :confused:
hope someone can help
chris

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The colored border just indicates what region bios you are running.

It's different per region.

Green: 6 slot
Dark Blue: Spanish
Light Blue: USA
Red: Japan
Yellow: Pacific (Found on 4 slots)

Last edited:

ChrisB

Another Striker
The colored border just indicates what region bios you are running.

It's different per region.

Green: 6 slot
Dark Blue: Spanish
Light Blue: USA
Red: Japan
Yellow: Pacific (Found on 4 slots)

Oh Ok thanks Xian, you got any ideas about the overscan settings on the sony, very strange how I have to change to a blank screen in order to change the settings, I guess they never intended for the end user to be changing the settings hey.
Whats strange though I can get my jvc 28" crt widescreen adjusted fine with the crosshatch pattern, this sony is taking me quite a while to do it.

I'll tell you something, its very strange looking at a 4:3 when you have been looking at widescreen stuff for all these years! :)

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
Adjust it with a cart in there and running, select a game that fills the screen width, NAM 1975 is one of them, adjust for that one, then leave it at that. Some games will have narrow bands left and right.

ChrisB

Another Striker
Adjust it with a cart in there and running, select a game that fills the screen width, NAM 1975 is one of them, adjust for that one, then leave it at that. Some games will have narrow bands left and right.

Hi thanks for your reply, I dont have nam 1975 but I adjusted it with sam sho 1, this is a picture of the best I can get by adjusting the settings.

tv1.jpg

tv3.jpg