Neo Geo AES Stick Needs a Good Cleaning - Help?

Hi All,
I purchsed my Neo Geo AES + Joystick from the Super Potato in Den Den Town (Osaka) while in Japan. Unfortunately, the stick is a little dirty and worn. The contacts are all fine, but the stick just has that "dirty" feel to it. I went ahead and ordered the 24mm Sanwa buttons to replace the squeaky OEM ones, but I'd like to also clean the joystick without replacing it (unless they make new ones). Has anyone had any luck cleaning/repairing the OEM joystick? Thanks!

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I've dipped buttons and switches into an alcohol bath to get the grime out of places I can't reach with a qtip. It works most of the time. Give it a shot and see if that helps.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
just take it apart, disassemble everything, clean it, reassemble and put it back together.

To my knowledge there is no identical stick out there that you could buy to replace the OEM one with, it was most likely made by Seimitsu exclusively for the Neo.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
Buy some Seimitsu microswitches and put those in place of the old ones (only the stick not the buttons). They fit in there great and really give the stick a really good feel.

Sazae, do you have the specific type of microswitch handy that I need? I went head and put a bat top on the stick along with the Sanwa buttons and it's quite sexy, but I'd still like to get it to 100%.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,

Born Full Grown

Collects conversions. Can't seem to prove otherwis
Buy some Seimitsu microswitches and put those in place of the old ones (only the stick not the buttons). They fit in there great and really give the stick a really good feel.

Where is a good place to buy from? Do you have a link?