161 Multicart Question of the Day

lopezoa69

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Yes, the dreaded and blasphemous mvs multicart. I'm using one on an AES with a Daedalus adapter. On the MVS, you can press the player 1 button to boot to the menu screen. I know this is going to sound like such an NooB question but how do you boot into the multicart menu screen on an AES system? :scratch:

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
try holding start down on the first controller :)

lopezoa69

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Tried that but no luck. I have the unibios 3.1 set to USA MVS...no dice still :(

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
you could have a poor connection when holding down start on this particular joystick, it could not be holding the signal 'on' properly, but could well press momentarily to get you into a game as you'd expect the start button to do...

* try a different joystick
* disable input crossing on unibios

:)

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
For me, turning off the console and turning it back on is the only way that works. Pressing start for 5 seconds only works for a cab.

Last edited:

lopezoa69

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Yeah, that's the only thing that works for me too. Any other work arounds, anybody? How does the aes multicart work as far as booting back to the main menu? There has to be a way to do the same with an mvs multicart on an aes...

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
can you enter the settings menu on that multicart (161) in an MVS board?. Im looking to buy one but I dont want a cart that dont enter the settings to adjust whatever I want including the difficult level.

masamuneGTO

My Bro Aint HeavyHe's just not Wortha Christmas pr
can you enter the settings menu on that multicart (161) in an MVS board?. Im looking to buy one but I dont want a cart that dont enter the settings to adjust whatever I want including the difficult level.

Yes, once a game is loaded it acts like a normal cart when you go into the test menu. You can change each game separately.