Ok Baby or Aerocity cabs

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
So I've finally made up my mind and I'm getting a cab. The problem is most of the cabs around here are crap and are extremely expensive so I'll have to spend around $300-400usd to, at least, get a "decent" one.

It has come to my attention that both "Aerocity" (sega) and "Ok Baby" (don't know the company name) seem to be the sturdiest looking and most convincing aspect since all the rest are just aweful pieces of cheap wood put together with a monitor and chasis 20 years old. So I guess my questions come down really to...

• Which is cab is really worth getting according to your gaming knowledge/experience?
  • Are the replacement parts hard to come by?
  • Regular maintenance tips/hints
  • Things to check for/make sure before actually buying the cab
  • Any other tip/hint/comment you might consider helpfull

Thanks in advance for everyone willing to lend a hand here :D

Ps. I wasn't sure if this was actually "tech support" material but I kinda took my chances there :loco:

Last edited:

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
Ok Baby (320usd)

Aerocity (370usd - seller says it has Eago monitor, not Nanao)

other Aerocity (300usd)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I'd say that's cheap for a cab, you dont even want to know how much I spent on mine. Go the Aerocity, it's SEGA and SEGA is cool. Totally not biased by the way.

PunkicCyborg

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Go with the Sega cabs. That's not too bad of a price. Hopefully it's not too much of a pain to remove those funky blue platforms on the bottom. If you get one from that seller focus on finding the one with the best burn free monitor because most the other components like buttons are easy to replace but the monitor not so much.

loegan43

I've served my time in the Dark Army., Have you?,
15 Year Member
Definitely go with the Aero City. Parts are easier to source and IMO they are better looking aesthetically. The blue riser on the bottom of the cab should come off easy enough and they look to be in pretty decent shape. More people have them and if you run into any technical issues with it, it'll be easier to find support.

N30_G30_speed

Angel's Love Slave
would you be able to do it in argentina, though?

evidently he can :D

I could with a big saving effort, but my flat is not big enought to hold two of these sadly :(
And for what I've researched up to now, the higher I can aim for when it comes to "original" cabs are these two choices.
There seems to be NO AstroCity cabs in Argentina...

The blue riser on the bottom of the cab should come off easy enough and they look to be in pretty decent shape.
Wait... you mean I can remove that blue part thus making it "less tall"? I was kinda sad because I had forsaken my chance to have a "sitting-down-playing" cab and settle for a "standing-playing" cab...

If you get one from that seller focus on finding the one with the best burn free monitor because most the other components like buttons are easy to replace but the monitor not so much.

I see, besides staring at the cab monitor for a very long time, Would you say there's a specific way to spot common monitor problems? :eye:

mmsadda

Just buy my shit. Seriously. You can call me Susan
10 Year Member
Definitely go for the Aero City. It looks like the one with the original monitor is cheaper; I'd grab that cab in a heartbeat.

You don't want to mess with having to source parts for the OK Baby or a proper monitor for the other Aero City; who knows how hacked-up the wiring is on that one.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
That OK Baby looks terrible and in really rough shape. I'd take any of those Sega cabs over it.

opt2not

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
Definitely go for the Aero City. It looks like the one with the original monitor is cheaper; I'd grab that cab in a heartbeat.

You don't want to mess with having to source parts for the OK Baby or a proper monitor for the other Aero City; who knows how hacked-up the wiring is on that one.

^^ This.

Aero City is sexy as hell too.