Viletim's SCART to JAMMA adapter sound issue w/MVS-U4

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
Has anyone used viletim's SCART to JAMMA adapter ver. 2.0 on their MVS cabs? The picture comes up perfect on my cab but all I get is a buzzing sound through the cab speakers. Soon as I connect the JAMMA connector to the adapter (without any SCART cable connected) the buzzing noise appears.

Is it some sort of grounding/loop issue with the JAMMA connector? Not sure what I should be checking/looking for to resolve.

monads

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Because MVS isn't JAMMA.

Probably the best person to beat me to the reply.

MVS is stereo, Jamma is not. the reason why the buzzing is coming in is because the sound isn't grounded through pin L.. MVS uses that pin for Right audio. If you keep it connected long enough, you'll burn that board right up. My suggestion is that you buy one of these:

JAMMA2MVS_Adapter_640x292_LR.jpg

http://www.jammaboards.com/store/jamma-pcb-to-neogeo-mvs-cabinet-adapter-jamma2mvs.html

and LUCKY YOU! They're in stock!

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
Damn you guys are good :buttrock:

Sorry for my ignorance on the subject. The previous owner of the cab rewired with a JAMMA harness. He used to connect to his Sega Geneis, Dreamcast as well as MVS. I thought it was all good.

Thanks for the link lemony....just ordered.

Last edited:

Lemony Vengeance

Mitt Romney's Hairdresser,
Damn you guys are good :buttrock:

Sorry for my ignorance on the subject. The previous owner of the cab rewired with a JAMMA harness. He used to connect to his Sega Geneis, Dreamcast as well as MVS. I thought it was all good.

Thanks for the link lemony....just ordered.

MVS and Jamma use the same harness, it's the way it's wired that is different. the Audio test/service buttons and SELECT buttons are wired using a different scheme than jamma is. this adapter will navigate past that, as well as provide stereo audio from boards that are compatible with it :D

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
Well...no update since my order was placed on 1/16 and order status inquiry's get silence :conf:

They must be back logged or on vacation.....

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
Looks like it posted today with a free shipping upgrade to Priority Mail :buttrock:

I'll keep you guys posted when it arrives and I test.

monads

Mr. Big's Thug
10 Year Member
Well.....works perfect!!!!

I basically used the combo adapters for an RGB Turbo Duo-R connected to the cab. It's pretty awesome.

Colors pop and are vibrant. I haven't connected the PC Engine controllers to the Viletim adapter. Have to sort out/figure the turbo switch on the PC Engine controllers. But honestly I don't really mind using the controllers. I'm just happy to have it all connected :) If I get a chance i'll try to upload a video.

Thanks for everyone's help/assistance! You guys are awesome!

Last edited: