Wei-ya ACV-011 line doubler: Dip switch settings

masamuneGTO

My Bro Aint HeavyHe's just not Wortha Christmas pr
Hey guys,

I recently swapped out a Gonbes 8220 CGA to VGA converter for a Wei-ya ACV-011 (true line doubler).

This guy here:
weiya0.jpg

The device is not as user friendly as the Gonbes, but the image produced is better quality with no lag introduced. (Those of you familiar with the Gonbes scalers know that it introduces a frame of delay and pixel shifting artifacts).

The Wei-ya converter has none of these pixel shifting issues, however you do have to mess around with a 4 dipswitch permutation issue to get the correct sync.

I was wondering if anyone here has messed around with one of these line doublers? And has been able to figure out the ideal dipswitch settings for this device. I am running this to an ms-2932 nanao 31khz chassis to play 15khz games.

So far I have gotten the PGM to sync well with the following settings.

Dip 1: on
Dip 2: off
Dip 3: off
Dip 4: on

If there are enough people using these, then maybe we can get a list going on the correct dips for all the major boards.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
When I first got my Blast I had an MS-2932 and I was using the same ACV-011 board. I have the 'manual' so to speak, it lists all the different DIP options. The only problem is the descriptions for each DIP setting make absolutely no sense.

Here is the 'manual', look at table 2 for the dip settings. If you can make sense of it, I'll be very interested. http://stuffprojects.free.fr/pictures_links/Amiga/ACV-011/Doc_ACV-011.jpg

masamuneGTO

I have that manual with mine and I cannot decipher the dip switch setting descriptions at all. I can only venture to guess that they are for Cherry Master video arcade style slot machine arcade boards. I know when I tried the "IGS" setting, the picture did not sync at all, so it must be for those IGS video slot boards, haha.

Were you able to get MVS and CPS2 boards to sync well?

Macck

Edo Express Delivery Guy
[offtoic]
I have doubts about what is the best to buy....8220(rev.???) or ACV-011...i will use combined with slg3000 on my 50" plasma tv...[offtopic]

I hope someone with better knowledge can help you masamuneGTO.

EDIT:I see the ACV-011 manual...and i understand that...if you use a sync cleaner like LM1881,you need use all the jumper set it ON....did you tried this ?May i be wrong...

[]'Macck

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
I have that manual with mine and I cannot decipher the dip switch setting descriptions at all. I can only venture to guess that they are for Cherry Master video arcade style slot machine arcade boards. I know when I tried the "IGS" setting, the picture did not sync at all, so it must be for those IGS video slot boards, haha.

Were you able to get MVS and CPS2 boards to sync well?

On - Off - Off - On is what works well with MVS. CPS2 however I have no idea.

@Macck, the ACV-011 does an alright job, the Gonbes 8220 isn't hugely different, both have their pros and cons. For example the ACV-011 has no on screen display options, the Gonbes 8220 does. All up to you really, probably better off with an XRGB if you can afford it.

Now just FYI....
I have an RGBS to Component converter manufactured by CYP called the CSY-2100. It cost me around $150 AUD and is absolutely fantastic, only slightly below the Kramer FC-14 performance wise. It's input is Euro SCART. Nice solid metal casing too. http://www.gamesx.com/wiki/doku.php?id=av:csy-2100

purple

Geese's Thug
im using it with sync seperator and both vsync hsync connected, i have hyper 64, cps1 and gaelco world rally. wr and hyper are working fine when using oooo seperate sync mode, but dont know why sf2 does not. the settings that works for all three are xxx0, 00x0 and 000x. i also notice when in seperate mode screen comes late on hyper but wr comes very fast. it alos looks very good with slg3000. anyone tried to use it under 12v? manual says dc 8-16v.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
im using it with sync seperator and both vsync hsync connected, i have hyper 64, cps1 and gaelco world rally. wr and hyper are working fine when using oooo seperate sync mode, but dont know why sf2 does not. the settings that works for all three are xxx0, 00x0 and 000x. i also notice when in seperate mode screen comes late on hyper but wr comes very fast. it alos looks very good with slg3000. anyone tried to use it under 12v? manual says dc 8-16v.

Damn dude, where have you been purple? Haven't seen you in years.

masamuneGTO

Good to know, I could try it with the jrok sync cleaner/splitter and see if that fixes the issue.

purple

Geese's Thug
Damn dude, where have you been purple? Haven't seen you in years.
nice to see you too man, i was reading your tutorials other day. university finished, miliary profession finished and life started. i returned my hobby back, building bartops now :)

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
nice to see you too man, i was reading your tutorials other day. university finished, miliary profession finished and life started. i returned my hobby back, building bartops now :)

Good to hear, make sure you post some pics when the projects are done I'd love to see them.