The King of Fighters '95 Revision

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
A lot of different games have revisions. Metal Slug 3 has a revision where they used left over NGPC parts. Revised or not I don't think it matters. Unless theres an actual difference.

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
There are very small differences in some games, i did see a list at some point.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
i have one these KoF '95 revised carts (http://mvs.gotwalls.com/index.php/King_of_Fighters_'95#Board_Scans_-_Set_3_-_Repair) are these more or less desirable? how many games have revised versions, i know at least Samurai Shodown III has similar revision. is there a list of those games and whether or not it's better or worse to have? or if there's a changelog of games like this?

As long as it matches one of those scans AND it works fine, the value of it shouldn't matter.

NEO-GEO man

As long as it matches one of those scans AND it works fine, the value of it shouldn't matter.

That was not the question as i read it.

The question i see there ( in my own my words ) is "Is there a list of the games with revisions, are they better or worse, and is there some sort of log indicating changes between versions..."

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Would be fantastic to know the differences, although I suspect quite minor.

NEO-GEO man

There was a thread about Shock Troopers revisions years ago.

I can tell you Burning Fight has 4 credits per stick on one version and 10 on the other when played on AES ( ive had both )

Test some out in MAME, different sets in there.

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
That was not the question as i read it.

The question i see there ( in my own my words ) is "Is there a list of the games with revisions, are they better or worse, and is there some sort of log indicating changes between versions..."

I read it, in terms of "desirable", the value (monetary or otherwise) of this particular revision. But I also see the way you see it.

ne7

Armored Scrum Object
15 Year Member
yep - early metal slug 3 carts had ngpc cart bits inside - prob to make it more of an arse to copy the roms, or just as they were knocking around as spare parts and snk thought it would be cheap to use them... my MS3 cart has a serial of something like 75 and has an ngpc cart inside delivering some of the rom data to the P roms if i remember correctly...

NEO-GEO man

No i think they did it like that so they could rewrite the P ROMs easier. Read that somewhere. Dont know if its true.

trenog

Gai's Trainer
10 Year Member
yep - early metal slug 3 carts had ngpc cart bits inside - prob to make it more of an arse to copy the roms, or just as they were knocking around as spare parts and snk thought it would be cheap to use them... my MS3 cart has a serial of something like 75 and has an ngpc cart inside delivering some of the rom data to the P roms if i remember correctly...

Now are those the Metal Slug 3 carts with the extra motherboard on them? I've got me a JP Metal Slug 3 with one of those. Definitely one of my heaviest carts.

billbrasky

Cheng's Errand Boy
that ms3 revision is ridiculous! but yeah i guess in my original post i had a few questions in there but you guys have pretty much addressed them:

- is there a list of officially revised/repaired carts?
- are there changelogs for these carts, eg. fixed graphics, removed fatalities, etc.?
- did any of the revisions actually increase/decrease the desirability/value of the game?

i just noticed that a game like Samurai Shodown III seems to fetch a little higher asking price if revised

Last edited:

NEO-GEO man

How people would know its revised without opening it up i dont know!! How much of a change is there?