Sega jamma IO controller chips

nate

n00b
OK, I've got two Sega JAMMA IO Rev B boards. One works, and the other does not.

According to AGS, it's likely the controller chip that has died on the broken IO board.

Does anyone know why these chips are sold for such a high price? (AGS sells them for more than what you can find a working IO board for)

Does anyone here program these chips and sell them for a more reasonable price?

Also, is it safe to try swapping the controller chip from my good IO board to the non-working board in order to see if that's the problem?

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Cant see why swapping the chips would be a problem, unless there is something on the faulty IO that fried the controller chip.

nate

n00b
Cant see why swapping the chips would be a problem, unless there is something on the faulty IO that fried the controller chip.

Yeah that's what I was worried about.... and if I fry them, I'll have to try and find new controller chips. It wouldn't be a big deal if they were cheap, but at 20 GBP....

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yeah that's what I was worried about.... and if I fry them, I'll have to try and find new controller chips. It wouldn't be a big deal if they were cheap, but at 20 GBP....

20 pounds is quite a bit but I suppose its one of those low demand/old hardware things. I wonder if they're even manufactured anymore and at what quantity.