Strikers 1945+ !Arcade! conversion - differences?

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Hey guys!

I was just wondering what differences are between "normal" HQ cons of Strikers and the !Arcade! cons of the same game?

Are those of much higher quality when it comes down to insert, manual and cart label?

Were there other "special" cons done by !Arcade!?

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
They did a few other games as well, !ARCADE! used their own boards for Strikers so no AES carts were culled, mine is done using a set of correct boards. ( BK1 and FIO )

Here are their boards:
pcbset.jpg

cartw.jpg

striker2012.jpg

Last edited:

NEO-GEO man

No they didnt, they bought the cart shells from SNK.

EDIT: other games they may have, but Strikers they bought the shells as far as i know, never been led to believe otherwise. See second pic for where they got cases.

Last edited:

NEO-GEO man

Came from another source, who bought one of their Strikers carts.

At the end of the day you can think what you like, it doesnt really matter what they did or how they did it.

Laser Ballerina

Kuroko's Training Dummy
It is a gorgeous conversion of a never released on AES game. Sticker, insert, manual, and all. I have one of these !Arcade! Carts.

Last edited:

NEO-GEO man

Yeah no doubt about it there was alot of effort put in. I converted mine the usual way, i did have some custom US style art but ive changed it to Japan style recently. Ill post pics of mine later.

Does yours have a soft case or snaplock?

NEO-GEO man

Post some pics if you can, here are some of mine, although they arent real great quality

Strikers6.jpg

Strikers1.jpg

Strikers4.jpg

Strikers5.jpg

I saw some other inserts the other day, this one i thought looked awesome:
strikers1945plus_b_v2_zps6cb79dbd.jpg

No idea where i saw it or who made it so i dont know who to give credit to on that one, but i reckon top job ;)

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
Is the !Arcade! version of strikers plus considered rare?
How many copies where made?
Market value??

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
DavidG was selling few for 500$ iirc

Laser Ballerina

Kuroko's Training Dummy
500 for a conversion??Was it a limited run or what??

It was numbered, probably limited. Mine doesn't look at all like the posted pics. My Mac died, on cell ATM. I'll try and take a pic and host it somewhere to post.

NEO-GEO man

No, it wont look like the pics cause i made that one myself.

NEO-GEO man

I didnt make that Japan insert, but id imagine its based on the MVS artwork yeah. I quite like it too.

NEO-GEO man

Abit more info that some might be interested in, there are Strikers home cart bootlegs getting around that use genuine boards, but are easily picked from the outside cause they use a BK1 and a 512y instead of a BK1 / FIO like a proper conversion will.

The FIO board's edge connector is dark in colour, where as the 512y edge connector is green in colour. Same applies to a Prehistoric Isle 2 conversion as it also uses the same boards as Strikers.

See pic below:

Strikers3.jpg

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
there are Strikers home cart bootlegs getting around that use genuine boards, but are easily picked from the outside cause they use a BK1 and a 512y instead of a BK1 / FIO like a proper conversion will.

Nothing more repulsive than a genuine board with flash eproms. I'm assuming it have flash 'cause the original proms have encrypted data, useless if not decripted by the Neo-CMC chip, which is not found in 512y cha boards.

IMO the !Arcade! cart have a lot of work behind, with genuine chips and is *kinda* acceptable as collectible.

NEO-GEO man

Yep, there is an extra chip used in the bootlegs ( cause the FIO has no S1 ROM )

Agreed on second part yes. Ive read on here years ago of one person had issues, and apparently had the chips moved to genuine boards, problem solved. No one else in that thread reported issues though.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Thanks guys for all the information. I just got my own !Arcade! Strikers and have to say it looks absolutely factory made. The boards, the insert, the label. Really 100% top notch quality!
It is next to impossible to get those cons nowadays though. I never ever saw another one of them anywhere.
I was really lucky on getting Strikers from a guy who sold of his collection and bought it when it came out. Not all were numbered though afaik. Only the first 50 and then some more were produced. Still I suppose there are not more than 100-200 out there but this only the producer knows.

Anyone evers saw an !Arcade! PI2 con somewhere for sale?

Last edited:

DavidG

Nice, complete with snaplock and very low s/n. Showing something with a number that low in that condition might lead some people to think you're !Arcade! or made that yourself, :glee:.

NEO-GEO man

Yes that is very good, and although the one i made does look way better than the pics i posted, its not the same standard as that.

I used printed vinyl for my cart sticker, so the texture was actually very close to original and the corners perfectly cut. The insert came out quite abit darker than i had hoped.

Ive seen !ARCADE! Conversions that used a softcase too im sure, and had 684 megs instead of 681

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Here is mine.

Looks really really nice. Retail like. Mine has a softcase by the way. Still 681 Megs. Arcade in Ansi below the spine Megs. Gold Neo-Geo logo on insert.

10d7hud.jpg

So any definitive list of other cons they made? Were they in the same quality?

Last edited: