Audio issue with a passthrough / JAMMA capture

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
I'm working on a cab capture solution and I'm having a weird issue with the sound.

I have a neobitz board soldered to a jamma edge + fingerboard passthrough. I cut one jack off of an rca audio cable, soldered the signal to speaker + and the ground to speaker - on the passthrough. The problem is that whenever I plug the other rca end into my capture card, no sound goes to the cab. It just terminates there rather than passing through like the video.

I chatted with bigtime a bit and he said that's how he's wired similar devices in the past. So I'm not really sure what to do. Does anyone have suggestions? Did I do something wrong, or anything I should change?

Thanks!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Are you trying to capture directly from the board without attenuation?

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
As a sort of first pass attempt that's what I was going to try. If someone could point me to a decent/easy attenuation circuit though I can throw it together and test it out.

shadows

Mature's Make-up Artist
vcjgw6.jpg

This works great.

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
Thanks, looks easy enough. I'll run by Fry's this weekend and hope I can find everything. Will report back after I get it together.

rvls

Crazed MVS Addict
Finally got around to doing this yesterday and it seems to work perfectly. Only problem is I accidentally attached an instrument cable connector instead of RCA style :( Wasn't paying attention when I grabbed it out of my kit. Easy fix though.