Neo Geo MV1C

Sean3614

n00b
Hello,
I am watching a mvic board on ebay and it has no video but, their is no cart in the system. The board looks great though and I can't see any damage. Should, I pass or give it a shot.
thanks,
Sean

Sypth

Mr. Big's Thug
It's always hit or miss. The battery could have eaten away at the traces, there could be RAM problems, etc. If it's cheap enough it's sometimes worth the gamble, but if you have little to no knowledge on how to repair them, sometimes it's worth just passing them up.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
No video? I'd stay away from it. Unless you are good at surface mount soldering.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
I have six boards now that don't work, only three didn I manage to get working, and one I sent over to KGP. IF it's cheap, go for it. If not, I'd say away unless it's like a MV-1F, those are easliy to fix due to bigger components.

Hi sean3614

i pretty sure you watching the mv1c on ebay that i'm selling .

i can confirm that the battery is perfect no rust or damage what so ever .

also no ram error's or any sign of wear and tear at all .

as stated in listing it is unused . i only tested with fatal fury special and just completed game and turned it off . around 45 mins max of use .

and just tested again this year after being stored for years .

good point thou should have taken pic while setup and powered .

hope this info usefull .

kevin

ttooddddyy

PNG FTW,
has the pause dipswitch been accidentally switched on ? Ive been caught out with that a few times.