Mixed Systems for System Link?

Yart

n00b
So I have access to two MVSes and two AESes. Let's say I were to install a Universe BIOS on all four of them. Does anyone know if a four player link cable game is playable by mixing these two if they were all set to Arcade mode? Or would the lack of physical DIP switches on the two AESes be a problem for this?

If it IS possible, I was originally thinking of getting four MVS carts with two MVS to AES adapters for the two AES systems to have the extra link cable jacks. That's costly though... could I do it with two AES carts and two MVS carts? (Have the two AES carts on the ends and MVSes in the middle to make up for the AES carts only having one jack)

Man. Four player Thrash Rally would be so awesome. I hope I can do this. Haha!

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
I have always wondered about this. I'm sorry I don't know whether or not it will work, but I am eager to know if it does!

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
With a UniBIOS equipped AES and an MVS, you can hook up just those two systems just fine, but the AES is defaulted to machine #1, the MVS has to be #2. You can't interface an AES into a 3 or 4 machine link setup, because not only does the AES lack the necessary DIP switches, but the AES link carts have only one port, not two.

I think you might be able to do a four machine link-up if you have just one AES machine set up to be #1, but you can't include any others because they are all stuck as machine #1.