Samurai Shodown 5 MVS Audio Samples Glitch?

Shuri

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
Last night I finally had time to sit down and enjoy some of the carts I purchased in the past months for more than 2 minutes, and I started playing this SS5 mvs cart I bought from a member here.

I want to say that I cant blame the seller if theres a problem with the cart, I dont want to to start crap; the guy made a huge effort to sell all the games to me and other members, so it's all good. :)

BUT

Here's the problem. I have a big red 4 slots mvs system, no unibios, no modification. I own about 40 carts so far and I never noticed any kind of audio problems .

Anyhow, I started playing Samurai 5 last night, and suddenly, WTF? Some characters had female voice samples instead! They would play normally, as if it was the regular sound. There was no distortion, no glitches, no speed up.

I did not notice any kind of graphical glitches whatsover. The other games in the cab are Real Bout Fatal Fury 2, Bust a Move and that one beach frizbee Versus game (Spindashers or whatever).

What could be the problem? I'll try to open up the cart tonight and take pics, but I doubt its a bootleg, all the stickers looks legit, the cart looks pristine. Maybe its some strange glitch caused by dirty connectors? But then again it would affect other things..

Maybe I have to reset the ram? It's really baffling because it doesnt look like its bugged. The samples are just.. switched around. And it only seems to happen with 3 or 4 characters (so far). One of them is the Genjuro looking guy with a huge hammer (I forgot his name).

Any ideas?

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Try clearing your backup ram by flipping hard dip 1 and then power on with no game inserted and keep pressing start until you get to the clear ram screen.