Neo Geo AES Viewpoint Bootleg Question

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
Hello everyone,
I won a loose AES Viewpoint cart on ebay. When I received it I noticed the cart sticker has a crease on the top and there is something rattling inside. The cart was opened at one time and probably one of the plastic tabs broke off and was left inside. My worry is that, could this be a bootleg? The sticker seems completely genuine, why would someone pop it open? I read that these more common games are not bootlegged like Metal Slug. I definitely do not want to open it up. Any advice would be great.
Thank you,

kris79

Cheng's Errand Boy
Do people bootleg carts that are cheaper like Viewpoint on AES? Has anyone encountered bootlegged uncommon titles. And is it sort of ridiculous for a counterfeiter to use eeproms to make a bootleg like Viewpoint. They probably would make little money?
Thank you,

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
No, most people don't bootleg "uncommon" games like Viewpoint, Last Resort, Mutation Nation, Robo Army, Eightman and various others.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I mean, it is possible they took the legit VP roms and put them in an MVS cart and then used eeproms/eproms for the AES cart.

But HIGHLY unlikely.