Logic Probe modification.

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
Probably a past topic, but just curious how others connect theirs. I used to have the contacts soldered to my testing jamma harness, but just looking to see if anyone has any better options??

Thanks!

-Bill

Fortune

Zero's Secretary
Some boards, like the MV-1B, have +5v and Gnd pads that can be clipped onto right near their edges that are perfect for this task.

Barring that, I just alligator clip the probe to the +5v and Gnd spade terminals from the harness to the power supply if needed.

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member
My PSU has screw terminals that are easy to clip the logic probe to, but on occasion (because my logic probe has rather short wires) I have used other locations like +5v and GND from the JAMMA harness wires for coin mech and such. Some larger MVS boards have 2-pin power connectors between the lower and upper boards that carry +5v and GND and are easy to clip to as well.

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
I have the probe contacts soldered to a DB15 connected to my supergun. As any neo controller port have +5 and gnd, I use player1 port for the controller and P2 port for powering the probe.

JammaGuy

Previously I-d-o-s-k-8
I like that! I don't know tho. I was thinking about rigging up some kind of plug with terminals to connect directly to the psu, and a quick disconnect to the probe.. That what I can just unplug or plug the probe in..

Tapatalk Bruh!

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I removed the alligator clips and replaced them with micro IC clips. I take VCC and ground from the TTL chips.