MV-1B +5v mod and project case suggestions

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
I performed the +5v mod on my MV-1B, but now there is no mono sound off the JAMMA edge. Did I do something wrong? I checked for voltage on the voltage input pin on the opamp and +5v is present.

Also, I've been thinking of verticalizing my MV-1AX and making it into a CMVS, but I cannot think of a suitable case to put it in. Anyone have suggestions? Something under $50 would be good. The Omega CMVS would be cool but it's pretty expensive and I don't think the MV-1AX board would fit.

Fortune

Zero's Secretary
I may be mistaken, but I think if you want to get audio from the jamma edge connector you still need to supply the 12v to the jamma edge connector still. The last step that the audio goes through on the way to the jamma edge is the TA8201AK audio amplifier which requires between 9 and 18 volts. I think the 5v mod is intended for pulling the audio unamplified from another location.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
I haven't implemented the stereo mod due to lack of components, I was hoping to check stuff at the JAMMA edge to make sure I haven't killed this MV-1B yet. If the JNX +5v only mod is intended to remove sound from the JAMMA edge, then that's all I needed to know.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Sound from the jamma edge is the amplified audio, so if the audio amp isn't powered (No +12v) then you won't hear anything from the edge.

HeavyMachineGoob

10 Year Member
Thanks, that's the answer I wanted to hear, that means my MV-1B should still be fully working. But... What does that mean if the opamp is given 5v?

I have to wait for my stereo mod parts, I'm going with MKL's version. Then I have holes to drill, including those dreaded controller ports... :(

Last edited:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
It means the board is producing line level audio, not amped.