NGPC Tv out - project

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
So, for sh!ts and giggles, I've been turning a slightly broken NGPC handheld into a console after seeing Dion's K-Video NGPC "Neo Station".

I've managed to power the unit and setup the unit to play with an external neo geo 15pin controller, but what I want to do is get the guy to display on a tv. I've done this before with Sega nomad's, but these devices have a tv out already available, so you just pull from those pins.

Does anyone have any clarity on this?

Thanks

Wynd

Sypth

Mr. Big's Thug
Would be a lot harder to do on a NGP. It doesn't output composite/s-video like a nomad does. And there's no where on the circuitry where you could just easily tap into to make any sort of visual output on a regular TV.

shadowkn55

Genbu's Turtle Keeper
15 Year Member
I took a look inside the NGPC to see if a TV mod was possible. It looks like there are test points for digital video R0-R3, G0-G3, and B0-B3. I haven't deciphered what the other test points mean but most likely there a way to make a DAC similar to the gamegear rgb mod.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I took a look inside the NGPC to see if a TV mod was possible. It looks like there are test points for digital video R0-R3, G0-G3, and B0-B3. I haven't deciphered what the other test points mean but most likely there a way to make a DAC similar to the gamegear rgb mod.

I'm pretty sure it's possible. Someone was selling a TV modded one on yahoo japan a couple years back.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Jesus, that gamegear mod looks like a fu$king rats nest....hm...