Some question about the AES.

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
Can I do the S-video to any revision of the AES or just the final revisions?

I have a serial 027623.

The mod I want to do is the one in the Jamma X nation.

lastcallhall

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
It has the CXA1145 on all revisions, so yes, you can do the s-video mod. I've done dozens of mods for the Genesis (which also has the CXA1145) and a couple NG units, one of them being my own. I can tell you that the mod is probably the easiest one to get s-video out, but due to the inherent rainbow banding in the CXA1145 (see pics on jamma x nation), you might want to consider paying someone to do a RGB or component mod, instead.

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
I saw the rainbow effect in the pics, I have done a lot of geny too, that why I ask. I dont remember if it was here but some one tell me that with the neobitz encoder I could do the component mod, I use the neobitz for my consolize mv1c but I have spend a lot on mod that I want to go with the cheap S-video and stereo mod. Also I read there are some AES models that are worst than other for different video outputs but I dont know if that apply to the S-video just like the RGB and composite.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
The banding is only visible on certain items. Either way, it is a huge step up from composite video. If you have the ability to play in RGB, go for it. Nothing compares to pure RGB.

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
I know pure RGB is the best, the problem for me is the TV or monitor to use. So its a little difficult for me to play like that.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I know pure RGB is the best, the problem for me is the TV or monitor to use. So its a little difficult for me to play like that.

Ah, that sucks. The S-video mod is pretty easy to do, only hard part I would say is soldering to the pins on the CXA1145 encoder. Pins 15 and 16 are behind a capacitor. Sometimes you can push it a little forward to make more room but if you got the skills you don't need to move it at all.

If you want to make it even easier, you can always get a Neobitz-S encoder and you just have to tap RGBS, +5v and GND.